If You Received OSAP in the Fall and/or Winter Session
- You can extend your funding for the Summer by submitting the OSAP Extension Application form online. This application is usually available in mid-March. Do not apply for Summer funding on the OSAP website.
- You are eligible to extend your funding If you are participating in a Summer Abroad program and take one credit.
If You Did Not Receive OSAP in the Fall and/or Winter Session
- Submit a new application on the OSAP website. In the program search field, type "Summer." If applicable, submit your signature pages and/or other required documents to our office.
- You must register in full-time studies.
- Your study period must be at least 12 weeks in length (example: May to August).
- Non-degree students, and June graduates are not eligible for Summer OSAP assistance. We can consider certain situations for funding. Check with a financial aid advisor to see if your situation can be considered.
Check Your Status
Once you have submitted your application, check your status at the OSAP website for assessment details starting in late April. Processing time is 4 to 6 weeks. You will receive notifications from OSAP either on paper or on the OSAP message centre (depending on your preferences) when there are status changes.
Going on Exchange?
Students going on a CIE Exchange for the summer must meet the same course load requirements as students studying on campus at UTSC. If you are studying for the whole summer you must be receiving at least 1.5 credits (1.0 for students with permanent disabilities). If you are studying for half the summer, you typically need to receive at least 1.0 credits (0.5 for students with permanent disabilities). When you submit your Summer OSAP application, you also will need to provide an Exchange Cover Sheet and proof of your study dates.
Not sure if your program qualifies? Contact us for help.
For best results, submit your Summer OSAP Extension or OSAP online application on or before (recommended deadline). Follow the directions on ACORN to request a fee deferral after your summer invoice appears in mid-April. Applications submitted after these deadlines will not be processed.
|FINAL SUMMER OSAP APPLICATION DEADLINES|
|May - June extension||May 13, 2019|
|May - August or July - August extension||July 13, 2019|
|May - August application on the OSAP website||June 22, 2019|
|Other applications||40 days before the end of your summer study period|
Course Load Requirement
|Study period||Must enrol and pass a minimum of:|
|May to August||1.5 credits|
|May to June only*||1.0 credit|
|June to August only*||1.0 credit|
|Requirements for Students with Documented Disabilities|
|Study period||Must enrol and pass a minimum of:|
|May to August||1.0 credit|
|May to June only*||0.5 credit|
|June to August only*||0.5 credit|
*Students studying in this study period must have received OSAP funding in the previous Winter session to be considered.
Students in lower course loads should apply for Part-Time OSAP for the summer term. The part-time application can be accessed from the OSAP website.
Receiving Your Funding
A few days before the start of your classes, OSAP will ask U of T to confirm your enrolment (your full-time status). You must be registered in the required course load, and you must have a status of "Registered" in the 2019 summer session on ACORN. Registration means that you've either made the minimum payment, or have received a fee deferral. Waitlist or interim courses are not applicable towards your course load.
Students who applied by April 3 should receive their funding within the first two weeks of classes. OSAP will remit fees on your behalf once your full time status is confirmed. Check your invoice by May 31st to confirm that the amount OSAP sent covered all the charges for the Summer session. You are responsible for paying any outstanding balance on your fees account. Please remember that the outstanding balance is subject to a monthly service charge starting on June 15th until the account balance is paid in full. If you're ineligible for OSAP, you must pay your fees when you receive notification of your OSAP ineligibility/refusal.
Need to make changes to your application information?
After your application is submitted, changes to your summer plans or circumstances must be provided to the UTSC Registrar's Office with a notification in writing.
For changes to your income, please provide a signed letter indicating the new total income for the summer study period, and indicate the source of the income (e.g. employment, scholarship).
If you want to change your study period (for example, changing from May-June to May-August), please provide a signed letter indicating:
- Your new intended study period
- How many classes you plan on taking
- Your expected income for the entire summer study period
- If you are switching to the July-August only study period, please indicate your expected income for May and June
Where to submit changes
Please submit your changes to the Registrar's Office in person by visiting our office in HL160, or via email to: email@example.com