Getting Your OSAP

students in classroom

After you apply for Full Time OSAP, your application will be assessed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities and a funding entitlement will be determined for you. Before your loan and/or grant is released, the University of Toronto must confirm your full-time enrolment at the University to ensure that you qualify for full-time funding. If you have submitted all outstanding documents, and you are registered in a full-time course load for each session you requested funding for, your enrolment will be confirmed and the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) will release your funding.

Your Funding Entitlement

  • Login to the OSAP website and click on "Funding Summary" to see how much you will receive each session, and the expected release date(s) of your funding.
  • Full Time OSAP releases Fall/Winter funding to students in 2 installments; the first in September (early Fall) and the second in January. If you receive Full Time OSAP, the university will redirect funding from each OSAP installment to pay your fees. If the amount of the installment exceeds the amount owing to U of T, the difference will be deposited into the bank account you specified. 
  • If the amount is less than the amount due, you are expected to pay the difference from your own resources.

How and When Your Enrolment is Confirmed

  • U of T will automatically begin to confirm enrolment at the start of each term.
  • Confirmation of enrolment is done only when your application is complete and you are enrolled in a full-time course load (waitlisted and interim courses do not count).
  • Apply for OSAP as early as possible (we recommend two months before classes start) to ensure that your confirmation is done in time for you to receive your funding in the first or second week of classes.

When Funding is Released

  • 5-10 days after we have confirmed your enrolment, you should receive your funding.
  • If you are studying in the Fall and Winter sessions, your first installment (60% of your total funding) will be released in the Fall, and your second installment (the remaining 40%) will be released in early January.
  • If you are studying for only one semester, 100% of your funding will be released at the start of that semester
  • Your funding is released by the Federal and Provincial government, and may be deposited a few days apart. This is normal, so there's no need to worry.

Part Time OSAP Funding disbursement

Similar to Full time OSAP, we will confirm your part time enrolment at the beginning of the Fall and/or Winter terms. When we confirm enrolment, it will then take 5-10 business days for the funds to be issued to you. All funding from Part-Time OSAP will be deposited into your bank account. Once you receive your funds, you must make a payment to U of T, if you still have fees owing. You can find information about paying your fees on our website.




Last Updated: September 26, 2023