Congratulations on your admission to the University of Toronto Scarborough as an Exchange student! In addition to your offer of admission letter, you have received an email with instructions regarding your course enrolment. Please read both emails thoroughly before using the Course Registration Form to submit your course enrolment requests.
Dates & Deadlines
UTSC DATES Fall 2020- Winter 2021
Sept. 8, 2020
Sept. 8, 2020 - Apr. 5, 2021
||Jan. 4, 2021 - Apr. 5, 2021|
|Reading Week||Oct. 10, 2020 - Oct. 16, 2020||
Oct.10, 2020 - Oct. 16, 2020
Feb. 13, 2021 - Feb. 19, 2021
|Feb. 13, 2021 - Feb. 19, 2021|
|Study Break||Dec. 8, 2020 - Dec. 9, 2020||
Dec. 8, 2020 - Dec. 9, 2020
Apr. 6, 2021 - Apr. 8, 2021
|Apr. 6, 2021 - Apr. 8, 2021|
|Final Exam Period||Dec. 10, 2020 - Dec. 22, 2020||
Dec. 10, 2020 - Dec. 22, 2020
Apr. 9, 2021 - Apr. 23, 2021
|Apr. 9, 2021 - Apr. 23, 2021|
We've created a frequently asked questions section below. If your question has not been answered below, we are happy to help you!
- Send Denise Lopes (your Course Registration Advisor) an email for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include your full name and student number on any email exchanges.
Courses with Limited Spaces
The following is a list of high demand courses where there are very few spaces available for exchange students:
- Selected Biology courses: BIOA11H3F, BIOB12H3S, BIOB32H3S, BIOB35H3S, BIOC10H3S, BIOC14H3S, BIOC17H3S, BIOC23H3S, BIOC62H3S, BIOD17H3S, BIOD19H3S, BIOD23H3F, BIOD26H3F, BIOD27H3F, BIOD29H3S, BIOD33H3S, BIOD48H3F, BIOD43H3S, BIOD65H3F/S
- All City Studies C and D-level courses
- All Geography GGR D-level courses
- All Health Studies courses
- All B, C and D-level Management courses
- Neuroscience C-level courses, specifically: NROC60H3, NROC63, NROC64
- Neuroscience D-level courses
- Selected Political Science courses: POLB30H3, POLC32H3. POLC36H3, POLC38H3, POLC39H3, POLC56H3, POLC68H3, POLD30H3, POLD42H3, POLD45H3
- All Psychology C-level courses with a lab component: PSYC70, PSYC71, PSYC72, PSYC73, PSYC74, PSYC75, PSYC76
- Psychology D-level courses
* You are required to take a Placement test beforehand. Please see the Centre for French & Linguistics website for more details.
The courses listed above are based on the experiences from students this past year. This is not a complete list, as many popular courses tend to get full quickly.
How do I read a course description?
Visit the Calendar for more information: https://utsc.calendar.utoronto.ca/6-understanding-degrees-programs-and-courses#6C
How many credits / courses can I take each semester?
The maximum permitted course load is 2.5 credits, or 5 courses. The minimum course load to be considered a full-time student is 1.5 credits, or 3 courses. Please check with your home institution to determine the number of credits you are required to take during your exchange period at U of T.
What is a prerequisite, corequsite, and exclusion?
Before you request to take a course, please read the course requirements in the Calendar carefully to ensure that you meet the requirements. These include prerequisites, corequisites, and exclusions.
For definitions, visit the Calendar: https://utsc.calendar.utoronto.ca/6-understanding-degrees-programs-and-courses#6C
Why can't I enrol in my chosen course(s)?
What is the grading scheme at U of T?
Please visit the Calendar for more information:
I am enrolled in a lecture, but not a tutorial. Why?
The tutorial you requested is currently full, but we are actively working with the academic department to determine if we can make space for you in the tutorial section.
Can I make changes to my course selection?
Yes – we will email you at the end of August/December to give you the option of making changes to your course selection. You will be able to submit course change requests until the second week of classes however please keep in mind that many courses will already be filled by then and we may not be able to accommodate all change requests.
Can I make changes to courses myself on ACORN?
No – if you would like to make changes to your course selection you must do so by contacting Denise at email@example.com. Doing otherwise may have significant implications on your academic record at UTSC.
Can I meet with you in person when I arrive in Toronto?
When the University provides guidelines as to when we are opening up again to the public, this section will be updated with information on availability to meet with Denise.