Courses on Other Campuses

The University of Toronto is a tri-campus university. Course enrolment for UTM and St. George courses will begin at a later date on ACORN. Refer to the dates and deadlines by clicking on the appropriate link below. You are expected to follow academic and financial deadlines for UTSC regardless of where the course is being held. Academic dates on other campuses may vary - please refer to the appropriate campus Calendar to verify when classes begin and end, as well as the final exam dates.

Students who are pursuing a degree program may take a maximum of 5.0 credits in other arts and science undergraduate divisions at U of T. Please ensure that you do not exceed the maximum number of credits permitted; your registration will be closely monitored. If you have enrolled in more courses than permitted, you will be notified and asked to modify your course load. Students who continue to violate their registration allowance may be withdrawn from courses after classes have started. 

First Year Students

  • May take no more than 1 credit at another campus until you have earned 4.0 credits as a UTSC student.
  • If you are taking 1 credit or less in your first semester, all of your courses must be at UTSC.

Electives and Breadth Requirements

  • Add these type of courses on ACORN when course enrolment on other campuses begins (see the dates and deadlines page).
  • No need to request permission. Review exclusions and prerequisites carefully.
  • Breadth requirement categories may vary across the 3 campuses. If you intend to complete a course at another campus to fulfill a UTSC breadth requirement, you may request to have the course assessed and assigned to one of the 5 UTSC breadth requirement categories by completing The Breadth Requirement Category Request form.

Program Requirements

  • You must receive permission from your program advisor/supervisor before enrolling in a course that you intend to take for your program requirements.
  • Your program advisor/supervisor will be able to evaluate the course to ensure that it can be used toward your program requirements.
  • Program exception requests should be made directly to the program advisor/supervisor. They will update your program requirements on Degree Explorer.