On this Page:
- Request Graduation on ACORN
- Important Graduation Dates
- Next Steps
- Missed the Deadline?
- Policy on Debt to the University
- Your Diploma
- Third Party Verification of Degree
Your eligibility to graduate will be assessed using your current courses on the assumption that you will be successful in them and will meet your program and degree requirements. Apply for graduation by the deadline dates listed below. Do not wait until your final grades are available at the end of the semester to request your graduation.
- Login to ACORN. Select "Graduation & Convocation" under the Academics menu.
- Confirm the degree you wish to graduate with. If you wish to graduate with a different degree than the one specified on ACORN, you must request a Degree POSt change through eService. After you receive an email confirming your Degree POSt change, wait 24 hours and then submit your request to graduate on ACORN.
- Verify your name on ACORN, as this is how it will appear on your diploma. If needed, submit the Name Change Request form along with the required supporting documentation as listed on the form. You may submit it to the Registrar's Office before the deadline.
Once the deadline has passed, you will no longer be able to make changes online. Missing a deadline date may result in a late fee of $100.
|Important Graduation Dates
|Spring 2024 Convocation
|Fall 2024 Convocation
|Request or cancel graduation
|November 15 - January 31
|Late request, cancellation or change the type of degree you will receive*
|February 1 - April 30
|Request a name change for your diploma
|Deadline to pay all outstanding debts
|Update Your Permanent Address on ACORN to ensure you receive your parchment. It is important that your address is current and complete.
|June 10 and June 11
|*If you do not see the option to confirm your intent to graduate but you are eligible to graduate, notify our graduation team immediately and no later than the deadline indicated above at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update your email, phone number, and mailing address on ACORN. We use the information you provide to update you on your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure that your information is current, and up to date.
- Pay all outstanding debts by the deadline date.
- Expect assessment emails regarding the status of each of your program(s) and your degree requirements. This will notify you whether each program(s) and overall degree requirements are pending, complete, or incomplete. If you are deemed ineligible to graduate, your request will be automatically cancelled, and you will be notified via email.
- Expect a verification email from the U of T Office of Convocation by early April for Spring convocation or early October for Fall convocation. This is not a confirmation that you have met all of the requirements. The email will verify the type of Degree you are being assessed for; the information regarding ceremonies, reservations, academic regalia (gown and hood), and guest tickets. It will also provide you with information about your options if you are "not attending" your ceremony.
- You will simply be asked to verify and confirm your information, including the degree you have applied for. This is not a confirmation that you have met the all the requirements.
- Expect final confirmation letter from the Office of the Vice-President & Principal to be sent to your University of Toronto email address in late May for Spring convocation, and late October for Fall convocation
- Please visit the University Office of Convocation website for a graduation checklist.
There may be an $100 fee to make any changes once the deadline has passed. Late requests will be considered only with extenuating circumstances. Any late requests received following the deadline to request or cancel graduation may not be possible pending internal deadlines and processes.
- CLICK HERE TO EMAIL to request graduation after the deadline.
- CLICK HERE TO EMAIL to request to cancel your graduation request after the deadline.
- Name changes received after the deadline cannot be processed until after the ceremony (no exceptions). A replacement diploma must be ordered through the Office of Convocation after your name change request has been completed.
All outstanding debts must be paid in full to the University by the deadline (above) in order to receive your diploma at the Convocation ceremony. Students who have outstanding debts will have their request for graduation honoured, and will be eligible to attend the ceremony if they have met all of the degree and program requirements. However, your diploma will not be presented to you at Convocation, and will only be released once your balance has been cleared. Instead, you will receive the same envelope as everyone else with instructions on how to receive your diploma once you have cleared your outstanding debt.
The University of Toronto Scarborough will not release or confirm any of the following information to students in debt to the University: transcripts, diplomas, confirmation of enrolment; written certification of degree and program completion; and further studies are denied, including re-enrolments.
Your diploma is a special scroll of paper embossed with the name, crest and seal of the University of Toronto and the signatures of senior officials of the University. It also includes your name, the date, and your degree.
Please visit the Office of Convocation website for information on delivery, pick up and replacement diplomas.
Prospective employers can verify your degree by visiting the Confirmation of Degree website.
*Updated February 22, 2024