After your final grades are submitted, you may submit a petition within 90 days of the relevant exam period to request a re-reading of a final exam or of term work that was returned to you at the end of the semester. When submitting this type of request, you believe that your work was misevaluated. You must:
- Clearly articulate your grounds for reconsideration.
- Specifically identify the answer(s) where you feel the mark you were given was not evaluated fully.
- Show that the alleged misevaluation is of a substantial nature.
- In an objective answer, demonstrate that a correct answer was not counted correctly.
- In a subject or essay answer, demonstrate that the response has been under evaluated substantially.
- Provide relevant documentation to support your argument (i.e., class notes, lecture slides, etc.) and highlight specific sections that relate to your argument.
Evidence or documentation to support your argument must be submitted, as well as a copy of the final exam (when available). You may request a copy of your final exam on eService.
Please be aware that if the grade is changed, the amended grade will stand whether it is higher or lower than the original grade.
$36 fee for an exam re-read
Approved petitions to re-read an exam are subject to a fee. Additional details provided via eService.