Requirements & Application Process
The School of Graduate Studies (SGS) is responsible for the oversight of all graduate programs in the University of Toronto and for developing and implementing appropriate regulations and operating procedures for admissions, programs of study, and completion of degree requirements.
General Admission Requirements
- An appropriate bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, with a final-year average of at least mid-B from a recognized university.
- An appropriate master's degree, or its equivalent, with an average of at least B+ or demonstrated comparable research competence
- Some departments admit directly to the doctoral program from a bachelor's degree for highly qualified candidates (minimum average A- required).
Many graduate units (departments, centres, and institutes) have higher minimum requirements than the minimum SGS requirements. As we receive many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Specific Program Requirements – UTSC-Based Graduate Programs
Master of Accounting & Finance
Counselling & Clinical Psychology (Field: Clinical Psychology)
How to apply
- Check your program’s specific eligibility requirements.
- Gather any supplementary documents you may need for your application. This may include transcripts, contact information for referees, a summary of interest and vitae. Check your program of choice for details of what you will need.
- Submit your application by the appropriate deadline.
- Check your program of choice for details on notification dates and what happens after you apply – this differs by program.