International Applicants

The University of Toronto Scarborough welcomes students from around the world. Located in one of the world’s most multicultural cities, U of T Scarborough offers you a welcoming, supportive and safe place to study, learn and explore.

At U of T Scarborough you have the advantages of a small community while accessing the best that the University of Toronto has to offer, including one of the largest library systems in North America. U of T Scarborough students work with award-winning researchers, participate in innovative programs and join our many student clubs and associations – there’s something to match every interest.

U of T Scarborough offers more than 1,150 courses and 230+ program options spanning the arts, sciences, and management. We offer real-life applications backed by strong academic theory to ensure your education prepares you for life after university.

Set on 300 acres of gorgeous green space, you’ll find U of T Scarborough to be your perfect home away from home.

Interested in knowing more about the comprehensive support U of T Scarborough offers international students? Click here to visit the International Student Centre website for more information

Students walking to the Arts & Administration building

Apply to U of T Scarborough

Applying to the University of Toronto Scarborough is done online via the OUAC website. Learn more about how to apply, facilitated admission for students in mainland China and Taiwan, and transfer credit information.

Four students from the International Student Centre posing

English Language Facility

Proof of English proficiency is a requirement and admission decisions cannot be made until an acceptable score has been reported. If you are in doubt about whether you meet our language requirements, please contact our office at +1 (416) 287-7529.

students enjoying the h-wing patio

Academic English

Academic English is a summer language program designed for highly academically qualified who still need to satisfy their English language proficiency condition prior to beginning their degree studies in September.

Two students participating in a "Communication Cafe"

Visas and Permits

As an international student, you will need to have specific permits and visas to study and work in Canada. Learn more about the study permit and temporary resident visa.