Supplementary Application Form
Supplementary Application Form (SAF) Requirements
The SAF is only a requirement if you applied to one of the following programs and is important for both admission and consideration for scholarships. If you do not submit your SAF, you may jeopardize your application.
- All Management programs
- All Co-op Management programs
- All Double Degree (BBA/BSc) applicants (including co-op)
- Co-op International Development Studies
The current deadline to submit the SAF can be found on the Dates & Deadlines page. If you've already submitted an application for admission, please refer to the SAF deadline listed in your JOIN U of T portal. We encourage you to submit your SAF as soon as possible for early consideration. The sooner that we receive your SAF, the earlier you will be considered for admission. The SAF will be available through the JOIN U of T website on October 15, 2020.
If you are applying to Co-op International Development Studies or Co-op Management & International Business, you are encouraged to submit your SAF by November 15, 2020 to be considered for the earliest round of interviews. SAFs received for these programs after that time will be considered for subsequent interview rounds.
Missed Your Deadline?
Submit your SAF as soon as possible! We may still consider your SAF, pending space and the competitiveness of your application to the program to which you've applied.
Completing the SAF
To complete the SAF, you will need:
- U of T JOINid. This was provided with your Acknowledgment of Application email from U of T and is made up of your last name and numbers. You will need to enable your JOINid before completing the SAF.
- Waiting period. After applying to U of T Scarborough on OUAC, it takes anywhere from 3 to 7 business days for our system to process this information and prepare the SAF required for your application. If you are trying to access the SAF before this update has been made, you will not be able to complete the form. Simply wait a few more days and try back again!
- Set up your JOINid. Instructions are provided with your Acknowledgment of Application email from U of T. Please note that the system may take up to three business days to process your information.
- Log in to the JOIN U of T website and find the Application Status Check link. The password to access the SAF is the same password you used to access the JOIN U of T website.
- Answer all the questions on the SAF as specified. The SAF must be completed only by the applicant and you should be as honest as possible with your answers. Note: you can work on your SAF over a few days and save your answers, however, once it is submitted you are not able to make any changes to your responses.
- Wait for the confirmation page. After you successfully submit your SAF, a confirmation page will appear thanking you for completing the form. Please be patient and wait for the message to display – this message is the confirmation you have submitted the form.
- If you're experiencing technical issues, try opening the SAF in a different browser (we recommend Firefox for the SAF). If problems persist, send us an email at email@example.com.
- If you can't see the SAF, ensure the program you applied for requires an SAF (check above) and/or wait about a week after applying to U of T Scarborough for us to process your application and prepare your SAF.