Applicants will be admitted to the MEnvSc Program under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies of the University of Toronto, and will be expected to satisfy all requirements for entry into the graduate school at this university within a competitive selection process. Students entering the program should have:
Minimum Admission Requirements (all fields):
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university, either in science or engineering.
- A minimum mid-B grade average in the last two years of the undergraduate program.
- Applicants must submit a written statement (summary of interest) explaining their objectives for entering the program and the suitability of their background. Appropriate post-graduate work experiences will be considered as part of the admission application.
- Applicant must select one of the three fields of study during the application process.
- Applicants educated outside Canada should pay particular attention to the English-language competency requirements. Read the international students section for more information.
Additional admission requirements by field:
Terrestrial and Aquatic Systems and Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation
- Ideal applicants will have a science background consisting of at least two half courses or one full course in each of chemistry, physics, calculus, and biology.
Conservation and Biodiversity
Ideal applicants will have a science background consisting of the completion of an undergraduate program in biology or a closely related field, and successful completion of an undergraduate course in conservation biology. Students who have not successfully completed an undergraduate course in conservation biology will be required to complete an undergraduate course, BIOC63H3 Conservation Biology (0.5 FCE), as an extra (EXT) course.
Appropriate postgraduate work experience, such as in industry, government etc. will be considered as part of the admission procedure.
It is your responsibility to monitor the status of your documents in the online application and to follow up with your referees if references are not received in advance of deadlines.
Once all documents have been uploaded, your status on the SGS online application will change from Documents Pending to Documents Received. Once your status changes to Under Review this indicates your application is being reviewed for admission.