Resources and Supports for Residence Students at UTSC

Resources in Residence

Why would you use it?

Contact Info

Counsellor in  Residence

This is a free, confidential service for all students living in residence who are looking for someone to talk to. You could be feeling sad, worried, overwhelmed or just want a non-judgmental person to talk through challenges with.

Submit an appointment request via this webform

Scarborough Campus Residence Council (SCRC)

They are elected students in residence who are your voice! They can bring your ideas for events, programs, and ways to improve life in residence forward. Stop by an event to make new friends and try something new!

Check out their facebook page for their latest events, or to send them a message! You can also check out Instagram account

Residence Advisors (RAs)

The RAs are trained to help you with anything you may be going through, from concerns with your roommates, to wondering where to find the best off- campus eats. They are on-call every night to help with urgent issues 24/7.

You can reach the RA on-call by calling 416-688-3818

Student Housing

& Residence Life Office

SHRL staff are available in the Residence Centre office to assist you. Hours of operation can be found on our Contact page.  We can help you with questions you may have around financial issues, applying for housing, off-campus housing, and lots more!


(416) 287-7365

You can also find lots of helpful information here  UTSC Residence Guide and here: UTSC Residence  Policies and Support  webpage.

UTSC Campus Police

They are available 24/7 to help you with any situation where you may feel unsafe on campus, where there’s a medical or mental health emergency, or if there’s a been a theft.

Emergency line: (416) 978- 2222, or use one of the emergency Code Blue telephones located on campus

Non-emergency line:

(416) 287-7398


Resources on Campus

Why would you use it?

Contact Info

Health & Wellness  Centre

To see a counsellor, doctor or nurse for personal health reason.

SL270, Student Centre 416-287-7065

AccessAbility  Services

Require academic support due to disability.

S302, Science Wing 416-287-7560

Academic Advising

& Career Centre

Want academic program advice, workshops, and career planning.

AC213, ARC 416-287-7561

Athletics &  Recreation

Want to access fitness, recreation, sport team activities.

Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre 416-283-3211

Career Learning  Network

Interested in exploring volunteer, workshops, events, jobs on campus.

English Language  Development  Centre

Want to improve English speaking, reading, writing skills.

AC310, ARC (416) 287-7502

Facilitated Study  Group (FSG)

Interested in additional academic support through group learning for a specific class.

Maggie Roberts, Facilitated Study Group Coordinator,

International  Student Centre

Interested in support to transition to Canada, workshops, events, study abroad, UHIP.

HL448, Highland Hall 416- 287-7087

Math and Statistics  Learning Centre

Need math and stats support through seminars/workshops, virtual tutoring, individual appointments, and small- group consultations.

AC312 Academic Resource Centre

Student Life

To learn about mentorship, leadership programs, campus clubs, multi-faith and Indigenous engagement.

SL157, Student Centre 416- 208-4760

Writing Centre

Want someone to review final draft of essay or assignment, attend writing tutorials.

AC210, ARC