UTSC is currently home to two types of suite-style residences, the Joan Foley Hall apartment building and the townhouses.
In Fall 2023, the new residence building is expected to open for first year students.
The existing townhouse and apartment-style residence spaces feature:
- A full kitchen, living, and dining area
- Accessible housing available in both Joan Foley Hall and the townhouses
- The option of mixed gender or same gender housing. Preference to be assigned with students who identify with the LGBTQ+ community, or as an ally, can also be indicated
- The option to live with requested housemates
- Live-in Residence Advisors in each hall to lead the community and offer support. The Residence Life Team are available 7 days a week to provide assistance
- Campus wireless internet
- Laundry rooms available 24 hours per day
The new building expected opening in Fall 2023 will feature:
- 750 beds, separated into unique communities
- Contemporary design incorporating single and double occupancy bedrooms (dormitory style)
- Integrated dining facilities and servery
- Mixed-use spaces for workshop style learning & lounges
- An outdoor roof garden and terrace