To qualify to apply as a summer residence student, you must be either:
- Applications open: March 4, 2019. Apply early!
- Application deadline if you are requesting specific roommates: March 29, 2019
- Shorter-term stays (minimum 4 weeks): Apply at least two weeks prior to your requested move-in date
- Move In Day: Sunday, May 5, 2019
Move Out Day: Friday, August 23, 2019
Application instructions for University of Toronto students
- Log in to the Student Housing Portal.
- Select the Applications tab, and click on the UTSC summer application.
- Complete the application, which inclues e-signing the Summer 2019 Residence Agreement. For those applicants under the age of 16, will virtually sign the Residence Agreement (Under 16 years).
Upon receiving an offer in the Student Housing Portal, submit the non-refundable $100.00 deposit by credit card. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
Transition Period for Current Winter 2019 residents
Residents currently living in residence for the Winter 2019 semester are eligible to request to stay in residence for the transition period between sessions from April 27 to May 6 for an additional cost. Registration request forms are available here online or at the Student Housing & Residence Life office from March 4 to March 29.
Deadline to submit form: March 29, 2019
Application instructions for visiting students
- Email us with your name, name of your home institution, photo of your student ID card, and anticipated stay dates.
- Upon confirmation from Student Housing & Residence Life, proceed to the Student Housing Portal and "Create Record."
- Log in and select to the Applications tab, and click on the UTSC summer application..
- Complete the application, which includes a passport-style colour photo (used for community development and emergency purposes), signing of the Residence Agreement.
- Upon receiving an offer in the Student Housing Portal, submit the non-refundable $100.00 deposit by credit card. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
Visiting Student Payment: Payment will be collected in full on your move in date and can be made by credit card, debit card, or certified cheque/bank draft. Cash and personal cheques are not accepted. You must move into residence during office hours.
- Room placements will be sent by the last week in April for full summer stays.
- Room placements will be sent within 2-3 business days of your deposit submission for shorter-term stays beginning after May 5.
- Changes to applications for full summer stays can be made until March 29, 2019. To make changes to your application for shorter-term stays, email us.