To qualify to apply as a summer residence student, you must be either:
- Applications open: March 4, 2020. Apply early!
- Application deadline if you are requesting specific roommates: April 1, 2020
- Shorter-term stays (minimum 4 weeks): Apply at least two weeks prior to your requested move-in date
- Move In Day: Sunday, May 10, 2020
Move Out Day: Saturday, August 29, 2020 (12:00pm noon)
Application instructions for University of Toronto students
- Log in to the Student Housing Portal.
- Select the Applications tab, and click on the UTSC summer application.
- Complete the application, which inclues e-signing the Summer 2020 Residence Agreement. For those applicants under the age of 16, will virtually sign the Residence Agreement (Under 16 years).
Upon receiving an offer in the Student Housing Portal, submit the non-refundable $250.00 deposit by credit card. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
Transition Period for Current Winter 2020 residents
Residents currently living in residence for the Winter 2020 semester are eligible to request to stay in residence for the transition period between sessions from April 26 to May 10 for an additional cost of $275 per week ($550.00). Only students registered for summer residence are eligible for the "Transition Period Stay" between winter term and summer. Transition registration is made available after the summer offer is emailed to you and your $250 deposit is received for summer residence. Registering for the Transition Period is only available on-line through Portal X from March 4 to April 1, 2020.
Deadline to apply online: April 1, 2020
Application instructions for visiting students
- Email us with your name, name of your home institution, photo of your student ID card, and anticipated stay dates.
- Upon confirmation from Student Housing & Residence Life, proceed to the Student Housing Portal and "Create Record."
- Log in and select to the Applications tab, and click on the UTSC summer application.
- Complete the application, which includes a passport-style colour photo (used for community development and emergency purposes), signing of the Residence Agreement.
- Upon receiving an offer in the Student Housing Portal, submit the non-refundable $250.00 deposit by credit card. Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
Visiting Student Payment: Payment will be collected in full on your move in date and can be made by credit card, debit card, or certified cheque/bank draft. Cash and personal cheques are not accepted. You must move into residence during office hours.
- Room placements will be sent by the last week in April for full summer stays.
- Room placements will be sent within 2-3 business days of your deposit submission for shorter-term stays beginning after May 10th.
- Changes to applications for full summer stays can be made until April 1, 2020. To make changes to your application for shorter-term stays, email us.