Requesting Specific Housemates (Optional)
Students get an opportunity to request specific housemates before the room assignment process takes place. This is an optional step in the application process. All housemate requests are submitted in the StarRez Portal for the session you are applying for.
Please note that while we strive to meet requests wherever possible, housemate requests are not 100% guaranteed.
To be processed successfully:
- Requests must be for groups of 2 or 4 people
- All requests must have the matching request from all housemates.
- All housemates must meet all application and deposit submission deadlines. Requests from students on the wait list are unlikely to be met.
- Requests must be submitted by the deadline mentioned in the application of the specific session you are applying for.
- All housemates must be arriving to campus during the same session/month.
What happens if I don't submit requests for specific housemates?
We encourage students to be open to making new connections! Student Housing & Residence Life takes the information students provide in their applications collectively and matches housemates with reported similar habits and preferences. Students are matched with housemates with the same gender rooming preference (Mixed Gender, Same Gender Men or Same Gender Women).
Keep in mind that sometimes habits change as students transition to university life, so most importantly, be prepared to be open and ready to communicate with your housemates.Your Residence Advisor is there to help support you through navigating heathy housemate relationships.