Accessibility Needs in Residence

Student Housing & Residence Life is committed to meeting the accessibility and accommodation needs of students. To determine how best to accommodate you while living in residence, we encourage students to share specific information relating to your disability related needs. Disability related needs can be reported through the form below.


Disclosing any medical information is voluntary, and will only be used for emergency response and for developing your support plan in partnership with Student Housing & Residence Life while living in residence. The information you provide is kept confidential.


Should you have any questions about completing this form, please contact AccessAbility Services at Tel/TTY 416-287-7560 or

Please indicate the nature of the disability related restrictions or limitations for which accommodation is required (check all that apply)
Does your disability or health condition impact your ability to use the stairs?
Do you require an automatic door opener?
Do you use mobility aids?
Do you use braille?
Does your reach / range of motion require adjustable or adapted housing components (e.g. lowered shelving, accessible kitchen, etc)?
Does your manual dexterity require adjustable or adapted housing components (e.g. lever handles, “D-pulls” instead of knobs, etc)?
Does your disability / health condition impact your washroom use frequency?
You are responsible for bringing your own assistive devices and/or medical equipment. What disability related equipment will you be bringing with you? (check all that apply)
Will you be using the assistance of a Personal Care Attendant?
Please note that the university does not arrange for provision of personal care attendant services.  Students are encouraged to contact the Centre for Independent Living Toronto ( for information and resources about Attendant Care.
Do you require the use of a service animal?
Please note that students are required to submit supporting documentation, by a regulated health care practitioner, verifying their need of a service animal for reasons of a disability. Documentation must specify type of animal. Please contact AccessAbility Services directly to receive further instruction on submitting the required documentation.
Do you need assistance during an emergency evacuation?
Do you have a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit?
If yes, will you be bringing your own vehicle?
Please note that a member of the Student Housing and Residence Life team and/or AccessAbility Services may contact you if clarification or additional documentation is required.