Should I Drop This Course or Not?
Support for making this decision is available
March 23rd - March 26th, 2021
The deadline to drop S courses without academic penalty and have it removed from your trasnscript is Monday, March 29, 2021
- Do you need to balance your well-being and the right course load?
- Is a course taking up all your time, to the detriment of your other courses?
- Are you falling behind with the material being covered in a course?
- Is it mathematically possible for you to pass your course given your grades up until this point and the weight associated with them?
- Will staying in the course put you at risk of probation or suspension?
- Do you need to decide which course to drop?
- Are you concerned about the financial implications of dropping a course (e.g., OSAP, Scholarships)?
- If you are an international student, are you concerned about you immigration status, and ability to get your post-graduate work permit?
AccessAbility Services, in partnership with Academic Advising & Career Centre, Financial Aid, and the International Students Centre will offer the following dates and times for you to meet with someone to address your concerns and assist with making an informed decision:
Wednesday, March 24th from 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Thursday, March 25th from 10:00am - 12:00pm
A Disability Consultant will to be available to discuss course load related topics
Academic Advising & Career Centre
Tuesday, March 23rd from 10:00am - 12:00pm
An Academic Learning Strategist will be available for meetings
Thursday, March 25th from 10:00am - 12:00pm
A Financial Aid Representative will be available for meetings
International Student Centre
Friday, March 26th from 9:00am - 11:00am
An International Education and Transition Coordinator will be available for meetings
Pre-book your 20 minute appointment
email@example.com or call 416-287-7560
Workshop: Finishing Strong
What do decision making, pacing yourself, and self care all have in common? They are all key ingredients to finishing strong this term.
Come join us for this workshop and learn strategies and resources to prepare yourself for the final assignment and exam period.
Date: Wednesday, March 24th 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Platform: MS Teams
Make Time Study Network
- Do you have trouble staying focused on tasks related to course work and studying?
- Are you finding it difficult to stay engaged with online learning?
- Do you encounter roadblocks when starting assignments or trying to finish them?
Join the AccessAbility Make Time Network, a study and accountability group. Two drop-in sessions offered per week, Mondays and Fridays. Join with peers who share common goals and can support each other in achieving them. This peer group will be facilitated by a Disability Consultant, who will share learning tips and strategies each week. It is an action-orientated study or work time, designed to assist you with staying on task, and provide a way for you to make progress on outstanding work and study objectives.
Winter 2021: Mondays at 12:00pm and Fridays at 2:00pm
Platform: MS Teams, with auto-captions available
To join this network, and receive meeting links for Winter 2021 drop-in's, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-287-7560
We strive to make all of our events inclusive, and if you require accommodations in order to participate please let us know.
Online Student Socials on MS Teams
Join us in our virtual room!
- Socialize from home with staff and peers
- Listen or participate in fun activities and online games
Wednesdays 5:00pm - 6:30pm
|January 27th, 2021|
|November 18th, 2020||February 17th, 2021|
|December 9th, 2020||March 17th, 2021|
|April 7th, 2021|
Please RSVP to email@example.com or call 416-287-7560 to receive a meeting invitation link
- If you already have access to Microsoft Teams, then all you need to do is click the link in the meeting invite, and you will be connected for a video chat. If you prefer, you can enable only audio before joining the meeting.
- You can also download the MS Teams app to your mobile device. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Teams yet, please review the instructions on how to use Teams, and how to join a Teams meeting.
If you require any accommodations to fully participate in this event, please let us know in advance. Contact us at 416-287-7560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org