AccessAbility Services will be closed on Thursday February 22nd, 2024 from 10am to 11:30am for a staff Town Hall meeting. We will reopen at 11:30am for normal business hours.
Who We Are
AccessAbility Services is a student service, academic service and University of Toronto equity office on the University of Toronto Scarborough campus. Our principal function is to support undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree students with disabilities to navigate disability-related barriers and to promote accessible and inclusive policies, practices, procedures and programs at UTSC. Our goal is for students with disabilities to access equitable educational opportunities both in and outside the classroom.
How to Register
AccessAbility Services supports undergraduate, graduate and non-degree students with a range of disabilities including but not limited to mental health conditions, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), learning disabilities, chronic health conditions (e.g., epilepsy, bowel disease, heart condition, cancer, etc.), concussions and head injuries, sensory disabilities (i.e., hearing and/or vision loss), physical and mobility disabilities.
Please visit our How To Register page to begin the registration process.
- Incoming First Year students should register as early as possible to ensure that supports are in place for the start of your classes. Please visit our First Year Registration page to begin the registration process
- Registration deadline: March 15th, 2024. Requests to Register received after the deadline will be considered on a case-per-case basis for exceptional circumstances (This includes the completion of the Online Intake form and up-to date documentation).
- Registering at the end of a term e.g. March may result in the service referring students to the petition processas the service may not have enough time to meet with a student before the end of the term to determine eligibility, assess their disability-related needs, create an accommodation plan and implement an accommodation plan.
- St. George or UTM taking a course at UTSC
- Important Dates and Deadlines to request services and supports
- UTSC Celebrates Black History Month
- AccessAbility Services is open for in-person and virtual services
- Registered students may submit documentation and forms via myAIMS secure upload. For more info please view the step-by-step guide to the Document Upload Portal [PDF].
- Online Support and Resources for Students