Who We Are
AccessAbility Services is a student service, academic service and University of Toronto equity office on the University of Toronto Scarborough campus. Our principal function is to support undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree students with disabilities to navigate disability-related barriers and to promote accessible and inclusive policies, practices, procedures and programs at UTSC. Our goal is for students with disabilities to access equitable educational opportunities both in and outside the classroom.
What We Do
- Advising to develop strategies to succeed at university considering impacts of a disability
- Accommodation provision including but not limited to tests and exam accommodations, note taking, transcription of print materials into multiple formats, communication services (e.g., sign language interpretation), access to assistive technology etc.
- Learning strategy individualized and group programs
- Training on the use of assistive technology
- Referrals within the university and to community organizations, including assessment referrals for new or updated psycho-educational assessments
- Outreach, education, awareness: consultation and workshops on inclusive and accessible practices within services and academic programs
- Work and volunteer opportunities such as Peer Note Takers and Work-Study
AccessAbility Services strives to follow the standards outlined by the Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD Domains, Standards and Performance Indicators).