Who We Are
AccessAbility Services is a student service, academic service and University of Toronto equity office on the U of T Scarborough campus. Its principal function is to ensure that policies, practices, procedures and programs at UTSC are inclusive to ensure the equal access to students with disabilities.
What We Do
- Advising to develop strategies to succeed at university considering impacts of a disability
- Accommodation provision including but not limited to tests and exam accommodations, note taking, transcription of print materials into multiple formats, communication services (e.g., sign language interpretation), access to assistive technology etc.
- Learning strategy individualized and group programs
- Training on the use of assistive technology
- Referrals within the university and to community organizations, including asessment referrals for new or updated psycho-educaitonal assessments
- Outreach, eduation, awareness: consultation and workshops on inclusiveand accessible practices within services and academic programs
- Work and volunteer opportunities such as Peer Note Takers and Work-Study
AccessAbility Services strives to follow the standards outlined by the Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD Domains, Standards and Performance Indicators).