AccessAbility Services Summer Start-Up
2023 dates and registration information coming soon!
A Program For Incoming First Year Students with Disabilities
AccessAbility Services hosts a yearly transition program for incoming first year students with disabilities. The program is designed to assist students in navigating their first year at UTSC, and build academic and learning strategies to support their success (e.g. reading, note taking, and time-management strategies).
The program will include online interactive sessions and in-person components, with many opportunities to connect with other first year students with disabilities.
Topics will include:
- What to expect during my first year at UTSC
- What supports are available for my disability-related needs
- What academic skills are useful in a university setting
- How to connect with peers
- How to keep my mind and body healthy
- And much more.....
The program will also include resources designed for parents and caregivers to help support their student during their transition to university.
Register For Summer Start-Up (Coming Soon!)
- In order to attend this program, students must be registered with AccessAbility Services. For more information about how to register with AccessAbility Services, please visit our Registration Information page
Transition Resource Guide for Students with Disabilities: Transition to Postsecondary Education
Parent/Caregiver Info Session
- How to support your student in the transition to post-secondary
- Explore the importance of self-advocacy for your student
- Learn about the academic life cycle
- and more..!
Parent/Caregiver Registration Form (Coming Soon!)