In the Management Co-op program, we work with more than 300 employers annually across a wide variety of industries, sectors, and business functions. The Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award, named for the University of Toronto Scarborough alumnus who founded Management Co-op, is given annually to a top employer that:
- Fosters the growth of co-op throughout their organization;
- Provides unparalleled skills development opportunities for co-op students; and,
- Motivates students to excel in their work terms and develop a keen interest in staying on full time after graduation.
Meet Our 2021/22 Recipient
At Samsung, Management Co-op students are mentored and developed to become leaders in tech. This is evident from co-op experiences that prioritize learning how to innovate, collaborate, and flourish across business functions globally.
A flagship partner of Management Co-op since 2001, Samsung Canada was named the Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award winner for the 2021/22 academic year. This award is the highest recognition offered to employers of Management Co-op students at the University of Toronto Scarborough.
“Amid the uncertainty of the global pandemic, Samsung’s unwavering commitment to student success meant ensuring equal access to employment for domestic and international students alike. Samsung work terms continue inspiring our BBA candidates to pursue careers in tech, which is a testament to the quality of Samsung’s early talent programs,” said Sischa Maharaj, Assistant Director of External Relations and Communications with U of T Scarborough Management.
“Samsung stands out because they treat co-op students as true partners in learning and success. From participating in mock interviews with first-year students to hiring our graduates full time, the Samsung recruitment team is heavily invested in building an employment brand that identifies, cultivates, and retains top talent. We are thrilled to present the Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award to Samsung this year,” added Anurag Dhawan, External Relations Officer
in the Department of Management Co-op (pictured above).
Students who have completed work terms at Samsung share rave reviews about their experience. Just ask Tommy (play video
Samsung joins the distinguished ranks of past Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award recipients:
- 2020/21 — RBC
- 2019/20 — Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- 2018/19 — KPMG
- 2017/18 — Canada Revenue Agency
- 2016/17 — Johnson & Johnson
- 2015/16 — Ontario Public Service
- 2014/15 — Tator, Rose & Leong
- 2013/14 — Toronto Hydro
- 2012/13 — RBC
- 2011/12 — McGovern, Hurley, Cunningham
- 2010/11 — Microsoft Canada
- 2009/10 — CPPIB
- 2008/09 — OTPP
- 2007/08 — Deloitte
- 2006/07 — Deloitte
- 2005/06 — PwC
- 2004/05 — Petro Canada
- 2003/04 — PwC
- 2002/03 — CIBC Technology
- 2001/02 — CIBC Technology
- 2000/01 — BMO, E-Business Group