First Year Learning Integration Program (FLIP)
Welcome to the Management Program! We are here to support your transition as a new university student. The First Year Learning Integration Program (FLIP) is offered to incoming Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) students looking to get a head start in their first year. We have a great program lined up for you! This is a free program open to all first-year Management students.
For any questions about FLIP or your first year at U of T Scarborough Management, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the course of FLIP, students will learn about resources and develop skills related to three key pillars:
1) Academic Success
- Hear from upper-year students about their experiences with first year courses, and the strategies they used to navigate assignments and exam;
- Embedded academic advisors will lead workshops on how you can develop your own success strategies.
2) Career Planning
- Get access to networking opportunities with upper-year students and alumni, including resume reviews/interview preparedness tips;
- Whether you already have an idea of where you would like your BBA to take you after graduation or if you are looking to explore your options, FLIP will provide a space for participants to explore opportunities to build experience.
3) Social connection
- University is a whole new space and there are so many incredible people to meet! The First Year Learning Integration Program is intended to be a diverse community that meets consistently so students can connect and build a thriving community.
Official programming will begin in mid-September and run throughout the year in the form of biweekly workshops hosted by our FLIP Mentors who are all upper-year BBA students and U of T Scarborough Management staff. At this time, we are anticipating workshops virtually.
FLIP is a limited registration program with a maximum of 100 spots. We encourage you to apply early so you can guarantee your space.
After completing your registration, you will receive an email from our FLIP team confirming your spot and providing further details for what you can expect when the program launches.
NOTE: All students enrolled in a co-op specialist program within Management (BBA, MIB, or Double Degree) are automatically enrolled in another U of T Scarborough Management offering: the co-op office's "Accelerate Your Career Exploration (AYCE)" course. As such, FLIP will give priority to BBA students who are not enrolled in a co-op subject PoST as a means to ensure as many U of T Scarborough Management students as possible receive access to resources.
For any questions about FLIP or your first year at U of T Scarborough Management, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.