My research aims to quantify the mixing in environmental flows, particularly those in large lakes and the coastal ocean where stratification and the Earth's rotation play a dominant role in the dynamics.
- M.G. Wells, S. Bailey and B. Ruddick (2011) The dilution and dispersion of ballast water discharged into Goderich Harbor. Marine Pollution Bulletin 62 1288-1296 doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2011.03.005
- M.G. Wells, C. Cenedese and C.P. Caulfield (2010) The relationship between flux coefficient and entrainment ratio in density currents. J. Phys. Oceanog. 40(12) 2713–2727 doi: 10.1175/2010JPO4225.1
- Cossu, R., M.G. Wells. and A.K. Wahlin (2010) Influence of the Coriolis force on the velocity structure of gravity currents in straight submarine channel systems. Journal of Geophysical Research- Oceans 115, C11016 doi:10.1029/2010JC006208
- Cossu, R., and M.G. Wells (2010) Coriolis forces influence the secondary circulation of gravity currents flowing in large-scale sinuous submarine channel systems. Geophysical Research Letters., 37, L17603, doi:10.1029/2010GL044296.
- L.A. Wyngaarden, K.M. Vogeli, B. Ciruna, T.P. Yamaguchi, D.Y. Stainier, G.R. Martin, M.G. Wells, A-K Hadjantonakis and S. Hopyan. (2010) Oriented cell motility and division underlie early limb bud morphogenesis. Development 137(15) 2551-2558, doi:10.1242/dev.046987
For more publications see: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~wells/