Value and Description
The Graduate Student Research Award recognizes excellence in graduate student research and leadership in the U of T Scarborough community by offering two awards annually, one for a master's student, valued at $2,000 and one for a doctoral student, valued at $3,000.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Research stream Master's and PhD students currently enrolled full-time in the School of Graduate Studies (Professional programs are not eligible)
- UTSC-Affiliated on ACORN
- Supervised (or co-supervised) by U of T Scarborough-based faculty
For the Doctoral Award, preference will be given to year 3 and beyond graduate students currently enrolled in their program who do not plan to defend before the end of the 2023 summer term.
Application and procedure
The award application consists of the following two components that must be submitted separately to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 17, 2023:
- Student component - Applicant's CV and completed application form submitted by the applicant, using the following naming convention:
- CV: LastName_CV_GRSA2023
- Application form: LastName_Form_GSRA2023
- include GSRA2023 and Student's name on the subject line
- Faculty component - Signed reference letter on departmental letterhead submitted directly by a U of T Scarborough faculty member familiar with the applicant's work, mentioning the extent of the graduate student's involvement in the generation of their research contributions (e.g. conceptualization of research design, execution of research, data collection, interpretation of data, etc.). Use the following naming convention:ApplicantLastName_Reference_GRSA2023
Applicants will receive confirmation that the reference letter has been submitted and their application is complete.
The award will be made on the basis of the following criteria:
- Quality of the project and/or research accomplishments
- Applicant's research track record and research potential
Please direct any questions regarding this award to email@example.com.