Student Loans & Financial Aid


OSAP and Other Provincial/Territorial Loan Programs

Students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents may be eligible for financial assistance from their provincial governments. The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) is a government financial aid program made up of a mix of grants and loans.

Note that applications for the fall term are usually available in late May or early June. It is recommended that students apply for student loans at least 10 weeks prior to the start of the new academic year.

The Summer 2021 OSAP Extension Application is available now! Use this quick Extension application if you would like to request more OSAP funding for full-time summer studies. Do not complete a new Summer application on the OSAP website. This will create delays and may result in reduced funding. The recommended application deadline is March 31st, 2021. This is so you receive your funding during the first two weeks of summer classes, and to ensure you can receive a Summer Tuition Deferral. For answers to frequently asked questions and to submit a question online please visit the U of T Enrolment Services website.

New ! Out of Province (OOP) Request Portal

Enrolment Services has launched a new Out Of Province Request Portal for U of T out of province (log in with UTORID/password). It replaces the old process of submitting request forms to Enrolment Services via email.

With this new portal students have the ability to:

  • Submit government student funding forms that require completion by Enrolment Services (i.e., Program Information Form, Quebec Form 1121)
  • View their requests statuses
  • Receive important notifications and communication updates on their requests

If you have any question about the OPP portalm consult the Please feel free to direct students to our website for more information and to the OOP Request Portal on the Enrolment website

Keeping Your Loans Interest-Free

If you are continuing your studies but are not receiving OSAP for your current semester or academic year (referred to as study period), you must make sure that your previous loans remain in interest-free status. This means that you do not have to start repaying your loans while you're pursuing full-time studies.

Students can inform the National Student Loan Service Centre about their status as "in full-time studies" by submitting the online Continuation of Interest Free Status (CIFS) application.  This is an essential step to ensure that previous loans remain interest free, and that previous loans do not go into repayment status.

Additional information on applying for Continuation of Interest Free Status is available on the UTSC Office of the Registrar's website.




The National Student Loans Service Centre is now on YouTube! Check out the NSLC channel for more information on the support they offer borrowers throughout their student loan experience




Getting Help

COVID-19 resources


Awards & Scholarships

Find out about available financial support for domestic and international students and postdocs