UTSC Graduate Students in the News:
- Why has it been so cold this winter in Toronto? U of T Scarborough experts break it down
- Researchers find exciting potential for little-known exoplanet – and discover another planet in the process
- Is climate change driving this year’s intense hurricane season?
- Clinical Psychology student ranks third in her category for national graduate scholarship
- Two students from Ghana on full scholarship say cultural exchange is important
- What the snowshoe hare can tell us about the long-term consequences of stress
- Tiny models open the door for big discoveries about how the body works
- New algorithms may revolutionize drug discoveries – and our understanding of life
- PhD student’s research takes him to active volcano in New Zealand
- Personality research nets award for PhD student
- Using the arts to explore how we interact with medicine and health
- How do male black widow spiders use chemical cues to gain a competitive advantage?
- Teaming up to help a threatened species rebound in the Rouge
- A walk in the park, and an app for that
- Unravelling a geological mystery using lasers … from space
- When it comes to developing stem cell treatments, seeing is half the battle
- Ancient rodent’s brain was big … but not necessarily “smart
- UTSC PhD student exploring treatment responses for major depressive disorder
- UTSC Graduate Department of Psychological Clinical Science celebrates success
- PhD student re-examines 47-million-year-old fossil
- Outstanding leadership earns honour for UTSC PhD candidate
- PhD grad lauded for work on effects of climate change in Aboriginal populations
- When choosing a mate is literally (yes, literally) a matter of life and death
- UTSC research shows a genetic link between feeding behaviour and animal dispersal
- Frozen Lakes: Two UTSC researchers discuss the cold winter and ice coverage on the Great Lakes
- Oil sands emissions greatly underestimated, research show
UTSC Postdocs in the News:
- Invasive Species Awareness Day 2018: What you need to know
- New technique uses AI to locate and count craters on the moon
- Do you see what I see? Researchers develop mind-reading algorithm to reconstruct what we perceive
- That Tesla shot into space will likely collide with Earth or Venus - just not any time soon
- This seemingly horrific mating strategy appears to benefit both male and female redback spiders
- Planetary harmonies around TRAPPIST-1 save it from destruction
- New research shows personal adversity can lead people to adopt more extreme political views
- What happens to wildlife when we completely alter their habitat?
- What do Netflix, Google and planetary systems have in common?
- It’s time to celebrate wild bees, says UTSC researcher
- Is a popular painkiller hampering our ability to notice errors?
- A faster, more accurate tool to calculate the motions of planets
- Predicting tornadoes months or even seasons in advance