- You will automatically be enrolled in UHIP for the 12 month period from September 1st to August 31st of every academic year
- If you are a newly admitted international student and are planning to arrive in Canada less than twenty days before the beginning of term you can request temporary bridge coverage by contacting the ISC at UTSC
- UHIP refund applications can be made until February 28 of each academic year
- Partial refunds can also be issued to international students who receive Permanent Resident status during the year
- If you are planning to complete your studies by August (and will graduate in November) then you have the option of extending your UHIP coverage for 2-months (i.e., September and October of the graduation year). Contact the St. George UHIP Office before August 31.
- If you are planning to complete your studies in December (and will not be taking courses in the following winter session) UHIP coverage will be terminated as of the end of December and the UHIP fee will be adjusted on ROSI automatically. If you wish to apply for the 2-month UHIP extension contact the St. George UHIP Office before December 31.
Important Note: The following are not covered UHIP, but are covered under SCSU’s extend health plan, for more details, please visit Green Shield Canada, and (enter Scarborough Campus Student Union in the search field)
- Prescription drugs *
- Routine eye exams for persons between the ages of 20-65 *
- Dental care services *