Customs Regulations

As a non-Canadian residing in Canada for no less than six months, you are required to follow these requirements as specified by Canada Border Services Agency.

When you are going through customs at the airport or border, a border official will ask for your passport, study permit or letter of introduction, TRV ( if applicable). Please be prepared to answer questions. Some common questions asked are :

  • At what institution will you be studying? What program are you enrolled in?
  • Where will you be staying?
  • Do you have any items to declare?
  • Have you traveled to Canada before?
  • Do you have any family members in Toronto?
  • How much money are you traveling with?