Immigration Documents

As a new student at the University of Toronto Scarborough, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate documents to come to Canada as a student, or transition from previous in-Canada Studies.

Coming to Canada as a new University student

If you have received an offer of admission to the University of Toronto, you must apply for an Initial Study Permit made Outside of Canada before traveling to Canada to study. Your Study Permit may allow you to work on and off-campus when you are a full-time registered student.

To enter Canada as an international student in addition to a study permit, you need to have either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV or Visa) or an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) depending on your country of citizenship

Changing from a Canadian High School to University

If you have been studying at a high school or language school in Canada, then you should apply as soon as possible to Change to a Post-Secondary Study Permit.  This is an important step as there are different conditions (especially around work) allowed to Post-Secondary Study Permit holders.

Changing from a different Canadian university or college to UTSC

If you have been studying at another unviersity or college in Canada before coming to UTSC (not another U of T campus), it will be important to change your Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on your myCIC account.  If you need help with this, please drop by our office in Highland Hall and meet with an Immigration Advisor.