The Health & Wellness Centre's team of health care professionals provide medical, counselling, health promotion and education services to University of Toronto Scarborough students. Students with a current student card and a valid health card can use these services.
In an effort to keep our students safe, please review the information below about how students can access our services:
- Call 416-287-7065 to book an appointment. (If you cannot reach us by telelphone, please email us at email@example.com to request an appointment)
- You will require you T-Card and Health Card (OHIP, Provincial Health Card, or UHIP) to book your appointment.
- All appointments can be booked, rescheduled and cancelled by phone or email.
- Same Day Counselling, Nursing and Doctor appointments are available virtually, by phone or, if needed, in-person appointments can be booked by calling us.
- If an in-person appointment is required, students will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms over the phone prior to the appointment and before entering the Health & Wellness Centre. Please wear your mask to your in-person appointment.
- We do not test for COVID-19. For more information, visit this website about our nearest COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
Due to a limited supply, we do not provide masks unless you are being seen by a clinician in the Centre.
Services for International Students who are registered with the University of Toronto Scarborough and do not have UHIP (University Health Insurance Plan):
International Students who are studying from their home country or outside of Canada, and do not have UHIP may connect with the Health & Wellness Centre for the following services and support:
Book an appointment with a Counsellor:
- Personal Counselling (for coping advice, support and referrals to resources - please note: psychotherapy is not available without UHIP)
- Groups (Psychoeducational workshops only)
Book an appointment with a Nurse:
- Nutritional Counselling
- Sexual Health Counselling
- Other general nursing advice (within the scope of care), support and referrals to resources
Please note: appointments with a physician or therapy are not available without UHIP.
LifeLabs Data Breach
The Health & Wellness Centre uses LifeLabs for laboratory work (e.g. blood work, urine testing, swabs, etc.). In November 2019 LifeLabs identified a cyber-attack, and has posted an open letter to its customers, which you can find here https://customernotice.lifelabs.com/ - We encourage you to contact LifeLabs if you have any questions.