The Health & Wellness Centre's team of health care professionals provide medical, counselling, health promotion and education services to University of Toronto Scarborough students. Students with a current student card and a valid health card can use these services.
Please Note: On July 1, 2022 onward, the Health & Wellness/Counselling Centres will continue to require all those who attend the Centre in-person to wear a medical mask. Masks will be available to those with an in-person appointment, however we encourage all visitors to wear a medical mask when entering and inside the Centres.
In an effort to keep our students safe, please review the information below about how students can access our services:
- Call 416-287-7065 or drop by during our hours of operation to book an appointment. (If you cannot reach us by telelphone, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment)
- Students, staff and faculty are required to complete Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment prior to entering the Health & Wellness Centre
- You will require your T-Card and Health Card (OHIP, Provincial Health Card, or UHIP) to book your appointment.
- All appointments can be booked, rescheduled and cancelled by phone, email, or in-person.
- Same Day Counselling, Nursing and Doctor appointments are available virtually, by phone or, in-person.
- Upon arriving at the Health & Wellness Centre for a scheduled appointment, and before entering, an administrative team member will confirm that students have completed the COVID-19 Self Assessment and take their temperature (37.8°C or lower is required). Please wear your mask to your in-person appointment.
- We do not test for COVID-19. For more information, visit this website about our nearest COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
- Due to a limited supply, we do not provide masks unless you are being seen by a clinician in the Centre.
In our continuing efforts to improve service to students, we have moved to have all three University of Toronto campuses use the same health records system.
All aspects of your health information will continue to be held in strict compliance with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act. In the few cases in which a student may have visited more than one campus health centre, your set of records will be merged into one file such that the health care provider at your next visit will have all the information needed to provide you with care regardless of the health centre you attend.
Services for International Students who are registered with the University of Toronto Scarborough and do not have UHIP (University Health Insurance Plan):
International Students who are studying from their home country or outside of Canada, and do not have UHIP may connect with the Health & Wellness Centre for the following services and support:
Book an appointment with a Counsellor:
- Personal Counselling (for coping advice, support and referrals to resources - please note: psychotherapy is not available without UHIP)
- Groups (Psychoeducational workshops only)
Please note: appointments with a physician or therapy are not available without UHIP.
LifeLabs Data Breach
The Health & Wellness Centre uses LifeLabs for laboratory work (e.g. blood work, urine testing, swabs, etc.). In November 2019 LifeLabs identified a cyber-attack, and has posted an open letter to its customers, which you can find here https://customernotice.lifelabs.com/ - We encourage you to contact LifeLabs if you have any questions.