AA&CC's Career Learning Tools
Career Exploration and Program Guide
Career Development and Job Search Guide
- Resume Building Tool
- This e-learning tool can guide you through the process of developing a strong expression of who you are and what makes you a fitting candidate.
- Cover letter
- Many employers still expect a cover letter as part of your application. They will use it to assess your suitability for the role, and as a sample of your communication skills, so it matters!
- Interview Ready
- Got an interview coming up? You can prepare for the most commonly asked questions!
- Jobs for Grads
- Jobs for Grads is a job search 'crash course' that is designed for upper-year students and recent graduates.
- Networking: Working the room
- This workshop explores networking, what it is, why you need to build a network, how to start, where to network and what to say and do when you are networking.
- Finding Jobs in Research
- Join us for an overview of places to look for research opportunities, as well as strategies for "landing the job"
- Job Search Bootcamp - find it in Quercus in the Firstyear@UTSC (click on the dashboard) or UTSC Student Experience: The Journey Continues courses
- The principles and strategies outlined in this mini-course will set you up for job search success, even in a tough labour market
Further Education Guide
- Getting Started on a Personal Statement
- Not sure what to write in your professional/graduate school application? These exercises will help you to get un-stuck.
- In Quercus, see either the First Year Experience course or The Journey Continues (years 2+)!
- Read useful books on graduate school and job search topics in the Career Development LibGuide!
- Visit AA&CC's YouTube Channel to watch more career learning workshops!
- More Than Pronouns: A Career Guide for Trans and Nonbinary Students (U of T)
- Managing Your Career: Strategies for Students with Disabilities