Career and further education fairs at UTSC gather many opportunities in one space so that you can meet and connect with representatives from various organizations and fields. Attend a fair to discover career options, gain industry insights, understand hiring processes and expand your professional network. To better prepare for these fairs, check out our Career and Job Fair Preparation [PDF] tip sheet.
Summer & Full Time Job Fair - Highland Hall Event Centre
When: Wednesday, January 31, 2024 |11:00am-3:00pm
Where: Highland Hall Event Centre | University of Toronto Scarborough
Booths (tables) will be set up throughout Highland Hall Event Centre where students can come in and meet with a number of external representatives from a variety of organizations who will promote their summer and/or full-time employment opportunities to University of Toronto students. Please bring your T-Card for entrance at the door.
How to Prepare for the Fair?
Preparation is key to success at any fair.
- Prioritize organizations you want to target. Do your research/visit their websites.
- Prepare thoughtful questions to show genuine interest in the organization, based on your research.
- Sign up for an appointment with an Employment Peer Coach in the AA&CC to have your resume critiqued.
- Review our Career & Job Fairs tipsheet
- Attend our Preparation Sessions
Be positive and confident. If you are comfortable, provide a firm handshake. Make eye contact. And perhaps most importantly, smile!
- Before you leave a booth, ask reps for their business cards so that you can promptly send a thank you note. Having the business card of the rep just spoke with allows you to have a direct contact with the organization and also the proper spelling of the rep's name. If they don't have any cards, ask how they would prefer you to contact them after the fair (email, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Meet 1:1 with our Career Strategists/Counsellors right at the fair!
- Learn how to introduce yourself, handshaking etiquette, what to say to reps, get interview tips and more. Look for our "Questions? Start Here!" booth inside the fair.