Partners in Leadership Mentee Application
2022-2023 Academic Year
The goal of the “Partners in Leadership” Alumni Mentorship program is to tap into the vast professional experience of University of Toronto Scarborough alumni to help our graduating students’ transition from student life to professional life and/or post-graduate studies.
This program is brought to you by the Development & Alumni Relations Office and the Academic Advising & Career Centre and we want you to be a part of it! We encourage students from all disciplines to apply!
Students who participate can expect to:
- Acquire insight and advice from experienced and successful alumni
- Experience meaningful and ongoing interaction with alumni
- Begin to establish a network of professional contacts
- Explore options and manage the transition from university to life after graduation
To participate in the program, mentees are required to:
- Be in their graduating year (completed 15+ credits)
- Participate in a (virtual) group interview and expectations session mid September 2022
- Participate in targeted workshops and program events throughout the academic year including:
- Program Launch (mid October 2022)
- Professional Development Session (mid-late November 2022 and January 2023)
- Closing Reception (late February 2023)
- Communicate with their Alumni mentor at least once per month via email, telephone or in-person.
- Register and sign-up on our new online community at www.utscconnect.ca
- Under affiliation ensure you click “Student” and “UTSC Partners in Leadership Alumni Mentorship Program”
- Follow the prompts to complete the rest of your profile.
- Once completed we will approve your application on the backend and send you an email. And that’s it!
We will automatically add you to our special PIL mentorship group and will reach out to you to fill you in on next steps.
Deadline to register is September 11, 2022