Sections on this page:
Visit this page soon for more news on the latest trends and questions around Academic Integrity!
For the University’s latest guidelines on generative AI and examples of appropriate syllabus language around the use of generative AI in assignments that you might wish to include in course syllabi, visit https://www.viceprovostundergrad.utoronto.ca/strategic-priorities/digital-learning/special-initiative-artificial-intelligence/.
Offering clear direction to students on the permissibility or prohibition in the use of generative AI tools will prevent misunderstandings and avoid the need for students and instructors to navigate through the academic integrity process.
For more information on best practices in course design and for assistance in designing assessments that are less susceptible to the use of generative AI tools, please consult with the Centre for Teaching & Learning at U of T Scarborough or consult the resource material from the Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation online: https://teaching.utoronto.ca/resources/generative-artificial-intelligence-in-the-classroom/.
- Academic Integrity SharePoint – to access forms and for submitting any academic integrity cases once they’ve been approved by the appropriate department Chair
- Academic Integrity Resources for Faculty – strategy modules created by the Centre for Teaching and Learning at UTSC to help faculty promote Academic Integrity in their courses
- Academic Integrity Syllabus Statement - it's very important for instructors to include a statement about academic integrity in their course syllabus and the instructor expectations in the course.
- Academic Integrity In-depth Pedagogical Support Consultation – book a consult with the Centre for Teaching & Learning, Educational Developers if you’d like to discuss how to incorporate Academic Integrity supports into your course or Quercus course pages
- If you need additional help, contact the Academic Integrity team at email@example.com.
To support a student in crisis during hours of operation, please call the Health & Wellness Centre at 416.287.7065. For after-hours support, please call UTSC’s Campus Safety emergency line at 416.978.2222.
For additional Academic Integrity support, there are links below to informational resources, campus services, and modules that can help you in your academic journey. If you need more help, don’t forget that the Academic Integrity team is here for you – reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Integrity Modules – provides students with strategies and resources to promote academic integrity in their course work
U of T Academic Integrity – an overview of Academic Integrity at the entire university, including the process and smart strategies
UTSC Student Digital Resource Commons – navigate online and in-person learning as well as access a range of student support resources
AccessAbility Services – supports students with accessibility needs or accommodation support
International Student Centre: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/studentlife/international-student-centre
AccessAbility Services: https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ability/
Downtown Legal Services provides free legal advice to University of Toronto students: https://downtownlegalservices.ca/
Scarborough Campus Students’ Union (SCSU): https://www.scsu.ca/
To contact the SCSU Academics team, email email@example.com
University of Toronto Mental Health Resource Hub: https://mentalhealth.utoronto.ca/
U of T Telus Health Student Support (formally MySSP): https://mentalhealth.utoronto.ca/telus-health-student-support/
UTSC Health and Wellness Centre: https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/hwc/.
Visit this page soon for downloadable resources, including tip sheets, social media posts and past presentations!
Use the form to request the Academic Integrity Office visit your class, department meeting or campus group to talk more about Academic Integrity!
Form will be available soon!