Jobs for Grads is our name for the exclusive access graduates can obtain to full time job listings graduates can find in CLN, as well as ongoing access to our workshops, and employer events on campus to help graduating students and recent graduates find full time employment. Users maintain access to this service for 2 years beyond their convocation date.
Who is eligible? All graduate students, U of T students with 14+ credits, students graduating in this calendar year, and recent graduates (within 2 years of convocation).
How can I register? Attend a mandatory Jobs for Grads orientation session. The workshop is a job search “crash course” and gets great reviews from students! Registration as well as information on upcoming dates can be found by logging into CLN and viewing the Events & Workshops in Scarborough calendar.
NOTE: As employers are typically seeking degreed students (or impending degreed students), students who are completing graduate degrees (Master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral) receive automatic access to Jobs for Grads and are exempt from attending an orientation session, but you are welcome to attend for the learning!
By attending a Jobs for Grads orientation session you will be able to:
- Access thousands of full time job postings from organizations looking to hire U of T students as they graduate
- Employ traditional and strategic job search strategies to tap into the hidden job market
- Gain continued access to special events at all three campuses, including networking events with industry professionals and recruiters, on-campus interviews, and employer information sessions
- Continue to access other Academic Advising & Career Centre services, including resume & LinkedIn profile critiques, mock interviews, career & employment related workshops, self-assessments, employment coaching, and career counselling appointments
For more information on Jobs for Grads, please contact Byung Oh at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a prompt response, please include your first name, last name, UTORid and year of study.
Jobs for Grads Orientation – Online Workshop
If you’re not able to attend the workshop in person, you can also take our online option.
To enroll the online workshop:
- Click the following link: Jobs for Grads Online (https://q.utoronto.ca/enroll/36MD6E)
- Log into the QUERCUS portal with your UTORid
- Click Enrol in course > Go to the course
To gain full access to CLN job postings,
- Review the 5 parts of the Jobs for Grads Orientation
- Do the quiz!
- Send an email to email@example.com to let us know you have completed the quiz
Upon completion, students will gain full access within 1-2 business days.
You can also review the Jobs for Grads Orientation videos using the links below,
Jobs for Grads Orientation Online Workshop Videos
Jobs for Grads Orientation – Part 1: CLN & Other Resources
Please download activities for Parts 1 and 2:
Jobs for Grads Orientation – Part 2: Know Yourself & Target Area
Jobs for Grads Orientation – Part 3: Market Yourself
Please download activities for Parts 3-5:
Find more on Personal Branding on this website:
Jobs for Grads Orientation – Part 4: Use a Variety of Methods [Hidden Jobs & Beyond]
Jobs for Grads Orientation – Part 5: Use a Variety of Methods [Networking & LinkedIn]