Alumni & Friends - Ways to get involved and give back

Study Permits

To study in Canada legally, you will need a study permit, and/or a temporary resident visa, though not everyone must have these documents. A study permit is also referred to as a “student visa”. Please keep in mind that  a study permit is not a travel document and does not authorize entry into Canada.

If you will be applying for:

  • an extension of your study permit then you can apply within Canada (to Vegreville, Alberta) via the online submission or mail-in method. It is strongly recommended that you apply to a study permit extension 60-90 days in advance.

 It is VERY important that your Study Permit never expire!