The University of Toronto Scarborough is committed to providing quality study space for students.
The following study spaces are available from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Bladen 4th Floor
- Meeting Place
- MarketPlace Seating Area
- IC Atrium
- ESCHM Atrium
Study Space App
UTSC has an app to help students find study space: SPACEPLUSU. The app identifies the number of users per area to show where study space is available on campus. The app allows students to filter by building or type of study space. SPACEPLUSU is available on the App Store and Google Play.
Study Space Zoning
Find space that meets your studying needs. Spaces have been classified as follows:
- Quiet Study: Whispered conversation, cell phone on vibrate, use electronics with earphones
- Group Study: Group conversation and collaboration, cell phone on vibrate, electronics permitted
- Silent Study: No conversation, cell phone turned off, use electronics with earphones
- Library hours (including reference desk, information desk, and study space hours)
- Book a study room at the library: https://utsc.library.utoronto.ca/group-study-rooms
- 24/7 service and extended hours policies
Use of Classrooms
Students are welcome to use empty classrooms as study spaces as long as there are no scheduled lectures, tutorials or standing bookings. Classrooms are open from 7 AM until 10 PM each day.
For a listing of all classroom schedules, please visit the room schedule page maintained by the Office of the Registrar.
Exam Study Space
In addition to year-round study space, additional space is available during final exam periods at the end of each semester. Information on additional space is available on SCSU poster boards around campus.