Alumni & Friends - Ways to get involved and give back


Graphic for ASKme Program by Office of Student Experience & Wellbeing at U of T Scarborough

Have a question? We're here to help!

The ASKme program provides answers to students' frequently asked questions during orientation and the first few weeks of the semester. The ASKme program creates a friendly and welcoming community for new students arriving at the U of T Scarborough campus.
Make the most of your student experience and get started on the right track! Learn how to find your way around campus, pick out the best places to eat, where the quiet study spaces are, and more.
You have questions. We have answers. A list of frequently asked questions are below for your convenience and you can always drop by our office in the Arts & Administration building (AA152), call us: 416-208-4760 or email us:
Due to the current situation, we are online this year. Follow us on social media to see the questions we'll be answering weekly fromt the following groups and departments:
Missed a past ASKme session? We've got a full playlist for you, here. 
Have questions about the Fall 2020 semester? Click here for more information. 


What is a UTORid?

Your UTORid is an 8 digit code that allows you access to university computers and online systems such as email and portals. Find your UTORid on your TCard. 
To activate it, visit and go to ACTIVATE and use the secret activation key (SAK) issued by the TCard office at the time you receive your TCard.
Computer and email related support is available for students at Information and Instructional Technology Services.
Student Help Desk 
Location: Bladen Wing (BV487), Instructional Centre (IC35), Library
Phone: 416-287-4357

Where do I get my TCard?

The TCard is your U of T student ID. Visit for more information.  

Where do I load my funds on my TCard?

Visit to load your funds, check your balance and view your transaction history. 
With TCard+, you can use your existing TCard to pay at food outlets, U of T Bookstore, vending machines, laundry machines, departments, printing, and photocopying!

What is Quercus?

Quercus is U of T's institionally supported learning management system and student portal. To access the portal, log in using your UTORid:

Where can I find dates and deadlines?

The Office of the Registrar has a list of all academic dates, deadlines and school closures. 

Visit the Registrar's page to see all dates for each semester.

How do I pay and defer my fees?

The Registrar's website has a step-by-step outline for tuitiion fees. 

Visit the Paying Your Fees page and the Deferring Your Fees page to learn more.

What is ACORN?

ACORN is U of T’s student online information system. This is where you can sign up for courses, update personal information and access grades.
For more information:

Where do I get my UHIP card?

UHIP is a health insurance plan that gives international students coverage that’s similar to OHIP.
Check your UTORemail, or email (no in-person pick-up).

For more information:

Where do I find a campus map?

You can download a copy of the campus map online to help find your way around:

Are there campus tours available?

We have virtual tours this year:

How do I find out about class cancellations and campus updates?

You can visit our campus status and announcements page to keep updated. We suggest bookmarking this page!

Where do I get a parking pass?

Students may purchase permits from the Parking Services Office in the Instructional Centre (IC40) or online:
Residence permits are only available for purchase in the Parking Services Office.
Questions? Email

Where do I get a locker?

Lockers can be purchased online through the SCSU website. Please be advised that all Fall/Winter locker rental terms have been extended until further notice.  Fall 2020 Locker Rental Service TBA.
For more information:

How do I find out about orientation events and activities?

There are plenty of exciting orientation events and activities happening on campus. 
Orientation is a great opporunity to connect with our students and familiarize yourself with academic and administrative departments as well as student-led organizations. 
For more information:

What is there to eat on campus?

UTSC has a variety of locations where you can grab a full meal or a quick coffee. For food options, hours and locations please visit:

Where do I sign up for a meal plan?

A meal plan is a prepaid account on your TCard that enables you to enjoy a wide variety of healthy food from more than 20 vendors at UTSC. 
To purchase a meal plan, drop by the TCard Office in the Bladen Wing (BV498A), call 416-208-2233 or email us at

Where can I find study space?

The University of Toronto Scarborough is committed to providing quality study space to students, including year-round study space and additional space during exams. 
A list of study space options is available online:

Where can I use a computer?

Public access computers are available in the library and in the Bladen Wing computer labs on the 4th floor.

How do I join a club?

There are over 200 student associations, clubs and organizations on campus. The Ulife directory has a listing of all campus groups you can browse through based on your interests:

The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is another resource for exploring opporunities to get involved. The CCR is a database designed to help students find opportunities beyond the classroom and to have their skills and experiences captured on an official document:

Where do I learn more about fees, financial aid and scholarships?

The Registrar's Office is a resource for students with questions about fees, financial aid and scholarships. 
For more information about paying your fees, fee deferral, OSAP funding, and awards and bursaries, you can connect with the Registrar's Office in the following ways:
In-Person: Highland Hall, Main Floor
Phone: 416-287-7001
Email and online chat available via

Where do I learn more about campus accessibility?

AccessAbility Services provides services and academic accommodations to students who have a documented mental health, learning, physical, sensory, or medical condition. We also lead campus accessibility and education initiatives for the students, staff and faculty. 

Location: Arts & Administration Building (AA142)
Phone: 416-287-7560

Where do I learn more about student housing?

Student Housing & Residence Life supports your transition to living in residence and off-campus student housing. Whether you're living on- or off-campus, we're here to help! Drop by and see us in the Student Residence Centre, or you can reach us by phone: 416-287-7365 or email:

For more information:

Where can I find academic support?

The Academic Advising & Career Centre integrates developmental advising, learning skills, career counselling, and employment coaching through individual appointments, workshops, experiential programming, events, and a range of online resources. Academic advisors are available to support students.

For more information:

How do I get a job on campus?

You can access online job listings on the Career Learning Network (CLN):
You will need to have activated your UTORid to access the job listings.
For questions about your job search, visit the Academic Advising & Career Centre in the Academic Resource Centre (AC213).

What is the Career Learning Network (CLN)?

The Career Learning Network (CLN) is an online portal for student jobs, events, programs, and services. CLN is a tri-campus platform and key resource for students to search for a variety of opportunities to get involved on campus. 
To access CLN, use your UTORid and password. Visit and explore the many was to make the most of your student experience.

What is the Co-Curricular Record (CCR)?

The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) allows students to build their experience and get recognized by U of T for active involvement. Learn how you can find opportunities beyond the classroom and have your experiences captured on an official document. Use the CCR database to search for opportunities and record your accomplishments.

For more information:

What opportunities are there to get involved in sport, recreation and physical activity on campus?

U of T Scarborough is home to the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre, where you can find the Department of Athletics & Recreation. TPASC is a state-of-the-art facility with over 300,000 square feet dedicated to sports, fitness, and recreation. The Department of Athletics & Recreation offers a variety of programming for individuals of all fitness and ability levels, both on and off-campus.

For more information:

Is there prayer space available?

SCSU holds two multi-faith prayer rooms that are available to students, staff and faculty on a 24-hour basis. 
For more information:

Is there a gym or fitness facilities on campus?

U of T Scarborough is home to the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre. TPASC is a state-of-the-art facility with over 300,000 square feet dedicated to sports, fitness and recreation.  

Where can I find volunteer opportunities?

Being a volunteer is a great way to get involved on campus, gain valuable leadership experience and make a difference in the lives of others. 
There are a number of resources where you can explore volunteer opportunties:
Career Learning Network (CLN):
Co-Curricular Record (CCR):