The University of Toronto Scarborough is committed to providing quality study space for students. Click here to download the study space map.
Year-Round Study Space
- Academic Resource Centre Study Carrels
- Arts & Administration Building - AA207
- Bladen Wing - 4th Floor
- Social Science Building - MW130, MW231, MW291, MW391
- Humanities Wing Study Carrels
- Science Wing Study Carrels
- Instructional Centre - Study Rooms, IC226, IC308
- Environmental Science & Chemistry Building - 202, 231
Study Space Zoning
Find space that meets your studying needs. Spaces have been classified as follows:
- Quiet Study: Whispered conversation, cell phone on vibrate, use electronics with earphones
- Group Study: Group conversation and collaboration, cell phone on vibrate, electronics permitted
- Silent Study: No conversation, cell phone turned off, use electronics with earphones
- Library hours (including reference desk, information desk, and study space hours)
- 24/7 service and extended hours policies
Use of Classrooms
Students are welcome to use empty classrooms as study spaces as long as there are no scheduled lectures, tutorials or standing bookings. Classrooms are open from 7 AM until 10 PM each day.
For a listing of all classroom schedules, please visit the room schedule page maintained by the Office of the Registrar.
Exam Study Space
In addition to year-round study space, additional space is available during final exam periods at the end of each semester. Information on additional space is available on SCSU poster boards around campus.