Deadline for nominations: August 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM
An emerging leader demonstrates capacity and core competencies that mobilizes their team to embrace a shared vision and to enhance quality of services they provide in support of the University’s mission and UTSC’s strategic plan of inclusive excellence. The individual’s actions should make a measurable, demonstrable impact within UTSC and/or the broader University community.
The Emerging Leader Excellence Award is open to those who are staff-appointed and non-probationary status with a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience at UTSC. To be eligible for this award, candidates are required to have direct reports (excludes supervision of casual, work study students, and volunteers). We welcome submissions from all employee groups (USW, CUPE, OPSEU, PM, Confidential, and so on). A maximum of two awards will be offered in this category.
Note that winners of this award will not be eligible for future awards in this category.
Demonstrated accomplishments that support UTSC’s strategic goals of inclusive excellence, by way of:
- Positively influencing colleagues to enhance the quality of work plans, activities, initiatives and/or service;
- Mentoring colleagues and fostering their professional development;
- Fostering an inclusive team environment and promoting equity, diversity and inclusion within own unit and across the campus;
- Collaborating with colleagues across the campus/University to advance the University’s mission;
- Developing and implementing innovative approaches within areas of responsibility that lead to enhanced satisfaction in service delivery;
- Modeling empathetic leadership and institutional citizenship
For more information on what to include in your nomination package, please refer to the Principal’s Service Excellence Awards Sample Package for more details.
Please contact Human Resource Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the Emerging Leader Excellence Award .
The list of past recipients can be found at our Past Award Recipients page.