Why study theatre at UTSC?
- The Theatre and Performance program combines the critical study of theatre with hands-on experiential training
- Students learn about traditional theatre practices and look at other cultural practices through the lens of ‘performance’
- The program includes courses in historical and contemporary Western and non-Western theatre traditions as well as practical courses focused on acting technique, on technical theatre, and on directing for the stage.
- Taking advantage of its location in Toronto, the program frequently features theatre outings and professional artist talks, workshops and residencies
- Some graduates of the TAP program pursue careers as actors, technicians or arts administrators and others go on to use the skills they develop in careers outside the arts such as teaching, management or government.
Learn more by watching the videos on this page or browsing through the TAP alumni page on Facebook: @UTSCtheatre
Should you have any questions regarding the Theatre and Performance program at the University of Toronto Scarborough, please send us an email.
Barry Freeman | Assistant Professor (Program Director and Departmental Chair)
Trisha Lamie | Associate Professor, Teaching Stream (On leave 1 July – 31 December 2020)
Elliot Leffler | Assistant Professor
Carla Melo | Lecturer
Kevin Wright | Sessional Lecturer
Michal Schonberg | Professor Emeritus
Paula Sperdakos | Associate Professor