Equipment and Facilities

The Department of Arts, Culture and Media possesses a variety of equipment and spaces that are available for their students to use to support their curricular needs. Guidelines and forms containing details of usage may be found in the FAQ below, or may be acquired from the Departmental Assistant in AA 341.


Who may use ACM music practice rooms and when are they available?

ACM students may book practice rooms which are available from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:45pm only. For details concerning room booking procedures, please consult the ACM Practice Room Policy. Before a student may use a practice room, the Practice Room Student Usage Contract must be filled out and submitted to the Departmental Assistant in AA 341.

I am not currently enrolled in the ACM music program. Is it possible for me to access the ACM practice rooms?

For students who are not currently enrolled in the music program or in an ensemble, permission must be gained from an ACM music faculty member and a Practice Room Permission Form must be filled out.

How do I book a music classroom for an ensemble rehearsal?

In order to book a room in the Department of Arts, Culture and Media, your group must be a registered student organization with the Department of Student Life and you must receive approval from a music faculty member. Details may be found on the Space Request Form.

Do you have musical instruments for rent?

A limited number of instruments are available for students to rent. Please see the Instrument Use Policy for student eligibility, fees and other details. An Instrument Rental Agreement Form must be filled out prior to renting an ACM instrument.

What form of ID do I need to sign out Studio equipment?

You will need your student card in order to sign out equipment. Please note that payment for equipment rental is payable by t-card only. You will also be required to fill out a Media Equipment Agreement Form.

Is there a charge for signing out equipment?

Yes. The Media Equipment Rental Form contains a list of fees. However, you may instead choose the option of paying a flat $50 fee per term instead of paying the individual fee each time you sign out a piece of equipment.

How do I rent a Studio locker?

Lockers may be rented through the Departmental Assistant in AA 341. Please consult the Studio Locker Policies for eligibility, guidelines and locker fees.