How to register an ACM event?
Log in to https://clnx.utoronto.ca > Events and Workshops > UTSC Scarborough > Arts, Culture and Media > Select events on calendar
Upcoming event dates:
February 12, 2024 | 1:30-4:30
March 11, 2024 | 1:30-4:30
April 1, 2024 | 1:30-4:30
Third Cafe Session
January 15, 2024
Join our January ACM Café, where we'll be catching up with friends and colleagues over board games. Hosted by the ACM Engage Program, these casual and friendly gatherings are tailored to students seeking mentorship, camaraderie, and an informal space to share experiences. While this event is open as a drop-in, registering for the event is always helpful to let us know you plan on stopping by!
Second Cafe Session
November 28, 2023
Join our November ACM Café, where you'll experience the cozy atmosphere of the Doris McCarthy Gallery blended with the productive ambiance of a study group. Hosted by the ACM Engage Program, these casual and friendly gatherings are tailored to students seeking mentorship, camaraderie, and an informal space to share experiences.
First Cafe Session
October 25, 2023
We are hosting a Halloween-themed get-together on October 25. Join us for a screening of the horror classic Scream - enjoy some treats and a facilitated discussion after the screening!
Welcome to the ACM Cafes, an engaging and vibrant student-centered initiative brought to you by the University of Toronto Scarborough's ACM Engage Program. Designed as a bridge across academic years, these cafes provide a unique space where first year to upper-year students can come together in a relaxed and supportive environment.
ACM Cafes create a dynamic and inclusive community hub that encourages meaningful connections, fosters peer-to-peer learning, and promotes a culture of collaboration among students. Our cafes serve as more than just casual gatherings; they are enriching experiences aimed at enhancing your university journey and personal growth.
- Socialize and Relax: University life can be demanding, and finding time to unwind and socialize is essential. ACM Cafes offer a casual setting where you can relax, share stories, and make friends across different academic levels.
- Ask and Learn: The journey through university often comes with questions and uncertainties. ACM Cafes provide a welcoming space for you to ask questions, seek advice, and receive valuable insights from students who've been through similar experiences.
- Connect and Collaborate: Building a network is crucial for personal and professional development. ACM Cafes encourage you to connect with peers from various backgrounds, fostering potential collaborations that extend beyond your academic years.
- Support and Empower: Whether you're navigating your first year or approaching graduation, ACM Cafes provide a supportive platform. Upper-year students can share their experiences, offer guidance, and empower fellow students to excel in their academic pursuits.
By participating in ACM Cafes, you can expect to:
- Forge friendships and connections that enrich your university experience.
- Gain insights from students who've navigated challenges and successes.
- Feel more integrated within our department community.
- Enhance your social and networking skills, which are valuable for future endeavors.
No matter where you are on your academic journey, ACM Cafes welcomes you to be a part of this enriching experience. We believe that by fostering a culture of mutual support and learning, we can contribute to your overall success and well-being during your time at the University of Toronto Scarborough.
Come share your stories, ask questions, and connect with fellow students at ACM Cafes – where conversations, camaraderie, and growth converge.