This list includes events, workshops, presentations and training available from UTSC and UTSG that support international engagement.
Student Mobility (Global Learning)
The International Student Centre (ISC), Department of Student Life (DSL), and Office of Student Experience & Wellbeing (OSEW) at UTSC offer student mobility programs that provide students with opportunities to expand their intercultural knowledge and competencies. To learn more about these programs, first sign-in to the Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx) website (access is restricted to U of T users), and then click on the following calendar links: Student Experience & Wellbeing Events and International Student Centre & Student Life Events
The list below are examples of international engagement events at UTSC. Please check-in often to see new and upcoming international engagement events posted on the calendars above.
- Global Mobility Workshops: They provide students an opportunity to study, research or work abroad while simultaneously earning academic credits.
- What's Cooking? Intercultural Food Discussions at La Sani Grill: Students have an opportunity to collaborate with peers about the relationship between food and culture.
- Work and Study Permits, Visa & SIN for International Students: Information session about maintaining legal status in Canada and required documents to study, work and travel.
- Global Citizenship Certificate Workshop (GCC): This is a 5-step program that includes workshops, intercultural experiences and co-curricular activities that prepare students for living, working, and succeeding in a culturally diverse and rapidly changing world. The workshops take place on a weekly basis in November.
- Global Learning Week: UTSC offers this annual event in October which includes Global learning opportunities, how to travel abroad, transfer credit process, funding opportunities, and benefits participating in global experiential learning. The Global Learning Week last took place in October 24-28, 2022.
- Summer Abroad Information Session: Students have the opportunity to enrich their academic experience by studying abroad during the summer term. Students may complete a full-year U of T undergraduate degree credit from the Faculty of Arts & Science in 3-6 weeks.
- Culture Week 2023: International Opportunities Workshop (Jan 16 - 20): Students to learn more about all of the international opportunities that the University of Toronto has to provide to study, research or work abroad. The session will provide students the knowledge behind the current available opportunities, application process, and funding. Please visit Culture Week webpage to learn more.
- Beyond Boundaries Art Exhibit: Beyond Boundaries (2023) is an audio-visual storytelling exhibition in partnership with the International Student Centre at the University of Toronto Scarborough. This exhibition celebrates the power of art as a universal language that transcends borders, language, and barriers. Each piece depicts the story of an international student at UTSC that has been carefully collected by a team of interviewers. Please visit Beyond Boundaries webpage to learn more.
Academic and Research
Let’s Talk International Partnerships Fireside Chats | Regular Occurrence
The Centre for Research & Innovation Support and the Office of the Vice-President, International offer presentations on a wide range of topics to help faculty members and staff engage internationally. To watch past presentations, please click on the links below and you will find the recording under additional information.
- Global Student Mobility: Emerging from the Pandemic
- International SOS: Sept 29, 2022 | Nov 25, 2021
- Blue Door: U of T's Portal for Global Industry
- National Security Requirements for NSERC Alliance Proposals and Export Control
- Supporting Our International Students
- Solving Global Challenges Through International and Multidisciplinary Partnerships
- International Strategic Plan 2022-2027
- Research Partnership Security
- Global Classrooms: Sept 24, 2021 | Nov 26, 2020
- Global Classrooms Funding Competition Overview
- Academics Without Borders
- Corporate Partnerships
- Academic Partnerships
- Welcome to OVPI
- International Doctoral Clusters: Building Impactful Research Alliances with Partner Academic Institutions
- Building and Maintaining International Collaborative Research Consortia
- International Corporate Partnerships Panel & Information Session
To register for upcoming presentations, please visit the Centre for Research & Innovation Support website.
- INCLUSIVE INTERNATIONALIZATION: The Search for New Paradigms | Past | Recording link
- INTERCULTURAL LEARNING: with Darla Deardorff | Past
- A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES: Exploring Funding Opportunities for International Engagement | Past | Recording link
- WORLD FOOD: The Linkage between Food, Culture and Intercultural Competencies | Past
University of Toronto & Africa Virtual Forum | May 16, 2023 (Past)
This forum featured keynote panels, interactive breakout sessions, and discussions designed to establish concrete ideas for collaboration, projects and joint funding opportunities for Africa-based initiatives. This virtual forum will bring together international partners including leaders, faculty, and staff from leading African institutions, associations, and foundations to explore concrete international collaborations and build on the lessons and priorities identified in the University of Toronto & Africa: Partnership for Mutual Excellence and Inclusive Impact (event).
Forces and Gaps Shaping International Engagement | April 26, 2023 (Past)
Universities are increasingly subject to international forces and opportunities which shape and influence their capacity for impact at home and abroad. Understanding these gaps and trends from an internationalization angle allows faculty and staff to explore their current and future international engagements from a multidimensional perspective, thus enhancing their approach.
University of Toronto & Africa: Partnership for Mutual Excellence and Inclusive Impact | June 23, 2022 (Past)
The University of Toronto & Africa: Partnership for Mutual Excellence and Inclusive Impact was hosted by the University of Toronto Scarborough and Office of the Vice-President, International, with guidance from the Presidential International Council for Africa. This event brought together University of Toronto leaders, Africanists and scholars, African diplomatic community, African university leaders, partners and organizations to discuss the University of Toronto’s strategic framework for Africa, explore emerging African priorities from the perspective of African participants, and discuss deeper engagement with the continent.
Building Community of U of T Africanists & Scholars: Excellence and Impact | April 13, 2022 (Past)
The Presidential International Council Africa hosted a virtual event that brought together researchers at U of T interested in exploring research, academic, entrepreneurship and innovation engagement opportunities with Africa. It featured Professor Wisdom Tettey, Vice-President of the University of Toronto and Principal of the University of Toronto Scarborough and Professor Joseph Wong, Vice-President International, University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto recently launched its new International Strategic Plan (2022-2027). Many of you were involved in sharing your reflections and insights, and we proudly celebrated this important launch recently with the first of four virtual panels.
Panel #1: U of T International Panel on Co-creation | Past | Recording link
Panel #2: International Students' Success | Past | Recording link
Panel #3: Corporate Partnerships | Past | Recording link
Panel #4: Impact | Past | Recording link
The list is updated on a regular basis. If you would like events related to international engagement to be included on this page, please contact Michael Zee.