The University of Toronto (U of T) has three distinct campuses and is globally recognized for its impacts on academic, research and innovation. The University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC), one of the campuses, is an integral part of U of T and is a model of excellence, innovation and discovery. As an anchor institution and located in the Eastern Greater Toronto Area (GTA), the University of Toronto Scarborough contributes to social and economic development of its communities. UTSC has an international footprint and global outreach leveraging the multicultural dimension of the region. UTSC’s commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars, and employees from around the globe. UTSC is a leader in experiential, and work-integrated learning for over 50 years at the undergraduate and graduate levels. UTSC faculty are widely recognized for their innovation in teaching practices.
University of Toronto Scarborough at a Glance
- 14,099 undergraduate students at UTSC (domestic and international)
- 28% are international students from over 100 countries
- 77% with curricular experiential learning experience
- Over 55,000 alumni
- 48% of our undergraduate students speak a language other than English or French.
- 618 UTSC students are enrolled in programs with an international perspective
- The UTSC Academic Travel Fund, designed to facilitate student research projects abroad, increased 147% in travel grant applications
- UTSC students can participate in study abroad opportunities in +40 countries
- The UTSC campus is home to +282 student groups
- 871 student housing spaces at UTSC campus
- +700 learning opportunities are recognized through the Co-Curricular Record, the most of the U of T campuses
- The Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre, a world-class fitness and training centre, represents Canada’s largest investment in amateur sports infrastructure, opened to UTSC students and the community in September 2014. It hosted events for the 2015 Pan Am Parapan American Games.
- +1,300 courses are offered
- +250 program options are available
- +45 co-op program options are available
- 86 degrees in arts, sciences and business
- UTSC is home 271 research faculty including 10 Canada Research Chairs
- UTSC’s the Hub, a start-up incubator, has created more than 180 companies
- 76% of the founders entering The Hub identified as members of visible minorities, and 42% were women.
University of Toronto Scarborough
UTSC Inspiring Inclusive Excellence (2020-2025 Strategic Plan)
U of T International Strategic Plan (2022-2027)
UTSC By the Numbers
UTSC Facts and Figures
UTSC Academic Plan (2015-2020)
UTSC Academic Programs
UTSC Campus Life
Research and Innovation
UTSC External Funding
UTSC The Hub (start-up incubator)
UTSC Coop Programs