Are you eligible to graduate at the June 2014 Convocation?
If your academic record meets either of the following requirements, you may be eligible to graduate at the June 2014 Convocation:
- you are currently registered in the 2013 Fall / 2014 Winter Sessions and upon successful completion of your current courses you will have the correct number of credits for the Degree Post you are registered in.
- you have already successfully completed the correct number of credits for the Degree Post you are registered in but have not yet graduated.
Students are invited to confirm their intent to graduate if they are registered in:
- an Honours Degree POSt (ie Honour Bachelor of Arts, Honours
Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Business Administration,
Bachelor of Commerce, co-op & non-co-op degree posts) and are currently registered in or have successfully
completed their 20.0th credit
- a Three year Degree POSt (ie Three Year Bachelor Arts or Three Year Bachelor Science) and are currently registered in or have successfully completed their 15.0th credit. (NOTE: Only students who first registered at UTSC prior to the 2004 Summer Session may elect to receive a three year B.A. or B.Sc. degree)
ROSI does not check if your Subject POSt(s) match the Degree POSt you are registered in. Convocation & Student Records will check this, but to make sure your request goes quickly and smoothly, you should make certain that these are compatible before you confirm your intent to graduate.
You can check that you are satisfying all your requirements by consulting the UTSC Calendar for degree and program requirements. You are also encouraged to use Degree Explorer. If you find that you still have questions about your degree and program requirements, contact the Academic Advising & Career Centre and/or your Program Supervisor/Advisor.
About Degree ExplorerDegree Explorer (DE) was developed by EASI (Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration) at the University of Toronto to enable students to do planning and to run degree and program assessments. To access Degree Explorer, go to www.rosi.utoronto.ca and select "Degree Explorer".
While using Degree Explorer, students can:
- run assessment to show the current status of their program and degree requirements
- plan future courses and do hypothetical scenarios to see how these selections impact their program and degree requirements
- do hypothetical program of study changes and run assessments to determine if they meet the requirements
- see any exceptions made on their record and if their program and degree have been confirmed
How do you confirm your intent to Graduate?
For the June 2014 Convocation, students must confirm their intent to graduate through ROSI between:
November 18th, 2013 and February 14th, 2014
After February 14th, 2014, students will not be able to check or confirm
their June 2014 Graduation on ROSI Student Web Service.
LATE requests will only be considered with extenuating circumstances, at the Registrar's Office, Room AA141.
Go to www.rosi.utoronto.ca and sign onto the student web service.
- Select MAIN MENU
- Select GRADUATION
- Check that your Degree POSt is correct for the type of degree you plan to receive
- If your Degree Post is not correct, before you continue with your graduation intent, you must request a Degree POSt change through the Registrar's Page eService. (Please wait 24 hours after you receive your confirmation of Degree POSt email response before moving to next step.)
- If your Degree Post is correct, select YES to confirm your intention to graduate
- Once you have confirmed your intent to graduate, you should select Subject POSts to make sure that you are registered in the correct Subject Posts for the degree post you have requested.
- At this time, the Convocation & Student Records Office will begin the process of evaluating your academic record for degree and program requirements.
- MAKE SURE THAT YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AND PERMANENT ADDRESS ARE KEPT UP-TO-DATE ON ROSI.
What to expect after you confirm your intent to graduate
All correspondence concerning your intent to graduate is sent to your MAILING address on ROSI (not your permanent address) and/or your UTORid email account. It is important that you keep this information on ROSI up to date, including your current telephone number(s) for quick notifications.
- If there are problems with your request, the Records & Convocation Office will be in touch with you as soon as possible to try and resolve any issues.
- Once the request period to confirm your intent to graduate has passed, students will no longer be able to view their request on ROSI. This does NOT mean that the request has been cancelled. Changes to the request after the above deadline must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- You will receive an eCommunication to your UTORid email account, directing you
to the U of T Convocation Web Site to confirm information about yourself and
your request. It will also provide you with information regarding the ceremonies,
ticket reservations, gown rental, diplomas, etc. THIS IS NOT CONFIRMATION
THAT YOU HAVE MET ALL PROGRAM AND DEGREE REQUIREMENTS; this is confirmation that you have applied to graduate and the degree for which you have
This will be sent in early April for June convocations and early October for November convocations.
- Final confirmation emails and letters will be sent, from the Registrar's Office and/or the Office of the Vice-President, University of Toronto, Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough. This correspondence will be sent in late May for June convocations and late October for November convocations. Please remember to keep your 'mailing' address on ROSI up-to-date so that the letter is sent to the correct address.
Visit http://www.convocation.utoronto.ca/guests.htm for information about the following items:
- Campus Tours
- Visiting Toronto
University of Toronto Scarborough Convocation will be held on
June 2014 Convocation - Dates and Times
Spring 2014 Convocation ceremonies will be held in Convocation Hall on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014.
9:30 am Ceremony
Honours Bachelor of Arts Degrees
Three Year Bachelor of Arts Degrees
2:00 pm Ceremony
Honours Bachelor of Science Degrees (excluding Co-op, Joint Centennial, CTEP and Computer Science programs only)
Three Year Bachelor of Science Degrees (excluding Computer Science programs only)
6:00 pm Ceremony
Honours Bachelor of Science Degrees (including Co-op, Joint Centennial, CTEP and Computer Science programs only)
Three Year Bachelor of Science (including Computer Science programs only)
Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees
Bachelor of Commerce Degrees
Certificate in Business
November 2014 Convocation - Dates and Times
Fall 2014 Convocation ceremonies will be held in Convocation Hall on (times to be announced).
Ceremony information is available from the Office of Convocation website.
To View archived Convocation Webcasts - click here
Reminder: The deadline for graduating students to make any
changes to their names is
June 2014 Convocation: March 20th, 2014
November 2014 Convocation: September 26th, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: Due to publication deadlines, name changes received after the deadline cannot be processed. We will accept the forms, but they will not be processed until after graduation has taken place, no exceptions. If you want your name change to appear on your diploma, a new diploma must be produced. A fee of $80 CDN applies. For more information, please refer to the University of Toronto, Office of Convocation website.
To make an Official Name Change, graduating students must come to the University of Toronto Scarborough Registrar's Office before the deadline date, with original supporting documentation (ie Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Marriage Certificate or a Legal Name Change issued by the Registrar General of Ontario) and fill out a "Change or Correction of Name" form.
2014 SPRING CONVOCATION ONLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM
NOT ATTENDING THE CEREMONY
- For information about how to receive your diploma, go to http://www.convocation.utoronto.ca/your-diploma/delivery-pickup
ATTENDING THE CEREMONY - Follow the three important steps below!!
- Step One – Reserve your academic regalia
(gown and hood). Place your order on-line at Gaspard
and Sons between May 5th, 2014 and May 20th, 2014. Remember to record
your rental confirmation number.
- Step Two – RSVP your attendance at the ceremony
– it is mandatory! The online RSVP and Guest Ticket
Request Form is available between May 9th, 2014 and May 20th, 2014.
The link to RSVP and request Guest Tickets can be found at the bottom of this page. Do NOT RSVP on ROSI.
- Step Three – Pick up your guest tickets (see details below) between May 26th, 2014 and May 30th, 2014.
DETAILED INFORMATION FOR GRADUANDS
Academic Regalia (Gowns & Hoods) - All candidates must wear academic gowns and hoods. Order your regalia on-line at Gaspard and Sons between May 5th, 2014 and May 20th, 2014. Your rental confirmation number is needed to RSVP and order guest tickets for convocation. Please make note of the number!
The RSVP - An RSVP during the request period is required. In order to RSVP and request tickets for your guests go to the appropriate link below. You must have your regalia rental confirmation number in order to RSVP. Diplomas will be distributed at the ceremony for those who RSVP during the request period (Step 2 above). After you RSVP, you will receive a confirmation email that includes ticket pick up instructions.
Guest Tickets - Every effort will be made to honour requests for a maximum of two guest tickets for each eligible and attending graduand who RSVPs during the request period (Step 2 above). (Note: the Graduand does not require a ticket). Guest tickets may not be available to graduands who miss the RSVP deadline.
Disability-related Accommodation - To ensure full participation, if you, or one of your guests, have any disability-related accommodation needs, please include this information when you RSVP online. There is a section on the RSVP and Guest Ticket Request Form to describe requirements.
Guest Ticket Pickup - Tickets will be available for pickup in the U of T Scarborough Registrar’s Office between May 26th, 2014 and May 30th, 2014. The Registrar’s Office is located in room AA142, 1265 Military Trail. Tickets must be picked up in person by the Graduand. Regrettably, we cannot offer a mailing service. Graduands who live outside the city or have other conditions that prevent a visit to our office during business hours may provide their circumstances on the online RSVP form. We will confirm an alternate arrangement by email.
To pick up tickets, the Graduand must show photo identification (i.e. student card/driver’s license) and their RSVP confirmation email notice.
Ticket Pickup Hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays ............ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesdays ............................................ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm - 6:45 pm
Fridays ...................................................... 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Availability of Extra Tickets
Information about availability of extra tickets will be announced here at the appropriate time. If extra tickets become available, they will be distributed during the announced time, one per graduate while they last, on a first come first serve basis.
The Convocation Plaza marquee will be situated on the front campus, King's College Circle, adjacent to Convocation Hall. For information about Convocation Plaza, click here.
On the Day of Your Convocation:
Ensure your guests have their tickets. Guests without tickets will not be admitted.
Arrive 2 hours prior to the beginning of the ceremony and collect your academic regalia before proceeding to the marshalling rooms. Regalia can be collected in University College, Croft Chapter House. Enter the main building and follow the signs to the regalia room. For more information on regalia rental see Gaspard and Sons.
After collecting your regalia, proceed to the marshalling rooms to assemble for the procession. It is important that you arrive in the marshalling rooms at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before your ceremony. The marshalling rooms are located on the second floor of University College in the East and West Halls.
It is recommended that you leave personal items (purses, coats, cameras) with your guests. There is no secure storage space in University College and all the items you bring must then be carried to Convocation Hall and you will need to hold onto these items throughout the proceedings.
Please return your regalia following your convocation ceremony to avoid charges.
Further details concerning your arrival and assembly may be viewed at: Convocation Arrival and Assembly
NOTE: To ensure your participation in the ceremony, please arrive by the times provided. Due to the complex arrangements involved in arranging a successful ceremony, if you arrive late there is no guarantee that you will be able to join the ceremony.
Webcast of Convocation Ceremonies
In keeping with our objective of increasing opportunities for family and friends
to participate in the convocation celebrations, all Convocation Ceremonies will
be web cast. We hope you enjoy viewing these ceremonies online.
Go the webcast site.
- To ensure your system will play the webcast, click on the link below, and then click the Test Your System link.
- To view the webcast agenda and choose a ceremony to view, click on the link below then click on the arrow beside Start Presentation.
Any comments about the webcast may be submitted to: email@example.com.
Policy on Debt to the University
An Important Reminder to all graduating students of the Policy Regarding students with debt to the UniversityAccounts must be paid in full by April 23rd, 2014 for the June 2014 Convocation and September 26th, 2014 for the November 2014 Convocation. There will be no exceptions.
If your debts to the University are not cleared by these dates, your graduation assessment will still be active. If you meet all of the degree and program requirements, you will be eligible to graduate and attend your convocation ceremony, BUT your diploma will not be presented to you at that time. Instead you will receive a notice of how to receive your diploma once you have cleared your outstanding debts.
The University of Toronto Scarborough imposes the following academic sanctions to all students in debt to the University:
- transcripts are not issued
- diplomas are not released
- further studies are denied
- written certification of degree and program completion is not provided
- confirmation of enrolment status may not be provided
- registration is refused to re-enrolling students (i.e. returning after suspension or an absence of twelve months or more)
U of T Scarborough Convocation & Student Records Contact Information
Ms. D. Tracy Vandermeer
Convocation & Student Records Coordinator
University of Toronto at Scarborough
Office of Convocation & Student Records
1265 Military Trail, Room AA142
Toronto, ON M1C1A4
Convocation Ticket Information: 416-287-7001
(only during regular ticket distribution periods)
UTSC Office of the Registrar Hours, click here
Asia-Pacific Graduation Ceremony
The ninth edition of the Asia-Pacific Graduation Ceremony, traditionally hosted
every two years, has been postponed to 2013.
All recent graduates (2011, 2012 & 2013) living in the Asia-Pacific region will be receiving an invitation once the date is set. Graduating students may ensure they are on the Alumni Relations contact list by forwarding their preferred mailing and e-mail addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Asia-Pacific Graduation Ceremonies, please contact:
International Alumni & Development Officer
University of Toronto (Hong Kong) Foundation
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't confirm my Intent to Graduate through ROSI. What should I do?
- If you are having difficulties confirming your intent to graduate through ROSI, please go to the Registrar's Office and explain your circumstances. They will try to figure out why it won't let you confirm, and/or give you an application to apply manually.
My name on ROSI is not my official name and/or there is an error. What should I do?
- To make an Official Name Change, graduating students must come to the Registrar's Office before the posted deadline(s), with original supporting documentation (ie Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Marriage Certificate or a Legal Name Change issued by the Registrar General of Ontario) and fill out a "Change or Correction of Name" form.
- The deadline for graduating students to make any changes to their names
JUNE 2014 CONVOCATION ---------------- deadline is March 20th, 2014
NOVEMBER 2014 CONVOCATION ------- deadline is September 26th, 2014
A fee of $80 cdn applies to produce a new diploma for graduates who submit their request for a Name Change after the deadline.
I'm not in the program/stream I want to graduate with, what should I do?
- If the program is not a Limited Enrolment Program, you can add it through ROSI.
- If the program is Limited in Enrolment and you have not been successful getting into that program/stream, you will have to submit a degree request manually at the Registrar's Office. You should also email us and let us know that you have made this change to your Subject POSt(s) at email@example.com - Make sure you indicate your name, student number, and the program(s) you wish to graduate with.
How many tickets are available to graduating students for the convocation ceremony?
- All students attending their convocation are eligible to receive two (2) tickets for their guests for their ceremony. Seating in Convocation Hall is limited, so to avoid disappointment we suggest that you obtain your tickets by the deadline dates. The deadline dates to RSVP your attendance at convocation, along with deadline dates for ticket requests and pick-up, will be announced in a letter mailed to all potential graduates in late-March for June Convocations and early-October for Fall Convocations. These dates will be posted on this website once they are available.
How do I get Graduation Pictures?
- University of Toronto Scarborough Grad pictures are provided through SCSU (Scarborough College Student Union). For information on Grad pictures, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
I can't make it to the convocation ceremonies, how do I get my diploma? If you do not attend Convocation then you may obtain your diploma in one of the following ways:
Collect your diploma at the Office of Convocation. For instructions, click here
Request that it be mailed. For instructions, click here.
Transcripts are processed by the University of Toronto Transcript Centre (UTTC) and requests are made through ROSI.
University of Toronto Transcript Centre - Contact Information:
100 St. George Street, Room 1006
Toronto, ON M5S 3G3
Ordering your transcript through ROSI (the student web service) is the fastest and most efficient way - go to www.rosi.utoronto.ca and login using your student number and PIN. If you have never used ROSI before, your PIN defaults to your date of birth in YYMMDD format (ie. DOB is July 30, 1986 - PIN is 860730). Once you login to ROSI, select "transcripts and academic history" from the main menu. From this page, click "order transcripts". Follow the instructions given on the page to submit your order.
If you do not have access to ROSI, or you do not remember your student number you may complete a request form and send it to the above address - click here for details and the form.
Once you have ordered, you may pay with VISA or MasterCard on-line (click "view transcript requests" and follow the instructions on how to pay with a credit card), or send a fax with your order number, credit card number and expiry date (UTTC fax number is 416-978-2487 - phone enquiries 416-978-3384). The cost is listed as a "user fee" - for details click here.
Picking up your Transcript at UofT Scarborough:
If you request that your transcript be sent to UofT Scarborough Registrar's Office for pick up, please note transcripts are sent by courier twice per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The courier usually arrives at the Registrar's Office after 3pm on those days. Student Card or other valid photo identification is required in order to pick up transcripts.
Third Party Degree Verification
Third party degree verifications can be requested through the Office of Convocation, at https://degreeconfirmation.utoronto.ca/degree/online.Top