When your course enrolment start time begins on ACORN, you should enrol in all of your desired courses (ideally) when your start time begins, or shortly thereafter as courses fill up quickly. You can continue to make changes before classes begin without financial penalty. Determine how many courses you are eligible to take, and make a list of back up courses in case your first choices have no spaces available.
You will find program and course descriptions to help you with your selection.
Once you identify the courses you wish to take, search them in the Timetable to see when they are offered. As you build your schedule for the upcoming semester, the Timetable will help you ensure that you do not have any conflicts (i.e., do not enrol in courses that are offered at the same time).
We've compiled our best tips and advice for course enrolment and registration in this guide. We walk you through course enrolment step-by-step, including:
- How to read a course code
- Waitlist courses
- Explaining the different lecture sections
- Course enrolment is done online through ACORN, U of T's primary system that manages your registration, financial information, personal information, academic records, and more.
- To login to ACORN, use your UTORid and password.
These visual tutorials will guide you through the course enrolment steps:
- Enrol in a course using the search function on ACORN
- Add a course to your enrolment cart
- Enrol in a course from the enrolment cart
- Adding yourself to a waitlist if a course is full
If a course is full, add yourself to the waitlist. ACORN will automatically put you into it if a space becomes available, and you are next on the list.
When you enrol in a course, ACORN will give you the option to declare Credit / No Credit during the request period.