Managing your Career: Strategies for Students with Disabilities
These modules were designed to assist students with transitioning from school to work. This is a pilot project and we welcome your feedback. If you would like to provide feedback, contact information is provided at the end of each module.
- Module 1: Career Planning
- Module 2: Understanding Employment Equity
- Module 3: Employment Barriers
- Module 4: Self-Advocacy & Disclosure
- Module 5: Workplace Accommodations
- Module 6: Resources for Students and Employers
Check out this collection of job search and career-related videos from the National Educational Association of Disabled Students: http://www.neads.ca/en/norc/videos/employment.php
- Lime Connect: This organization connects high potential university students/graduates, who happen to have disabilities, with scholarships and work opportunities.
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month: News and information on supports for individuals with disabilities seeking employment.
- NCWD for Youth: Information and reflections on life and work for youth with disabilities.
- ODEN: A network of employment service providers united to increase employment opportunities for people who have a disability. Find supportive agencies here!