This program requires the completion of 8.0 credits as indicated below, and:
- At least 2.0 credits at the C- or D-level
- A minimum grade of 60% is required in the Centennial College courses to pass and maintain standing in the program.
- Students who wish to enroll in the Ontario College Certificate program can enroll at Centennial College for a summer semester upon successful completion of Centennial College Group 1 and 2 courses listed below. For this purpose only, students will have to register for their courses at Centennial College and pay their tuition directly to Centennial College. Tuition and registration is not done through ACORN. Please note that this is the only time you will register at and pay tuition directly to Centennial College.
NOTE: Centennial College courses for this program are taught at the Story Arts Centre campus, located at 951 Carlaw Ave., East York.
1.0 Credit of Introductory Media Studies Courses
MDSA01H3 Introduction to Media Studies
MDSA02H3 History of Media
4.5 Credits of New Media Studies Courses
Centennial College Group 1:
*NMEA01H3 Digital Fundamentals
*NMEA02H3 Introduction to New Media Communications
*NMEA03H3 The Language of Design
*NMEA04H3 Interface Design, Navigation and Interaction I
[Note: students will be eligible to enoll in Group 2 courses after successfully completing the cluster of Group 1 courses above.]
Centennial College Group 2:
*NMEB05H3 Interface Design, Navigation and Interaction II
*NMEB06H3 Project Development and Presentation
* NMEB08H3 Application Software for Interactive Media
* NMEB09H3 Sound Design
* NMEB10H3 New Media Design
*A minimum of C- (60%) in these particular courses is required to pass and maintain standing in the program.
0.5 Credits in Media Studies Courses at C-level
NMEC01H3 Theory and Practice of New Media
1.0 Credit of D-level New Media Studies Courses
NMED01Y3 New Media Senior Project