The availability and monetary value of all scholarships are subject to change. U of T Scarborough reserves the right to change the value and eligibility criteria for awards without notice.
U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships are based on the following criteria and conditions:
- U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships are based on the scholarship average at the time of admission.
- The scholarship average includes courses used to determine your eligibility for admission.
- Upgraded marks and marks for courses taken in the summer immediately before your admitted term to the University are not used in the calculation of the scholarship average. Where a course has been repeated, the first grade attained will be used for scholarship average calculation.
- Students who receive an offer of admission after May 31, 2018 will only be considered for scholarships if funding is still available.
- Once attained, the value of your scholarship will not be reduced, provided that you satisfy the conditions of your offer.
- Students must register for the 2018–2019 Fall and Winter Sessions as a full-time student taking at least 2.0 full credits each session, for a total of 4.0 credits at the end of the winter session. A normal full-time course load is 2.5 credits in each of the fall and winter sessions. Students with a documented permanent disability need to maintain a course load of 1.5 credits in each of the fall and winter sessions and will need to self-identify with their counsellor at AccessAbility at the time of course registration. Students who withdraw or substantially reduce their course load without prior approval may be required to repay all or part of the award.
- Awards are tenable only at U of T Scarborough. The scholarship will be credited to your tuition account by the October 15, 2018 service charge date. If you do not register at U of T Scarborough or any post-secondary institution in 2018–2019 you may request a deferral of our Offer of Admission and scholarship for up to one year.
- The President’s Scholars of Excellence Program and the U of T Scholars Award will not be combined with any U of T Scarborough Entrance scholarship, except the top tier $3,000 renewable award, which will be awarded starting in your second year if you have an admission average of at least 95% and achieve the required GPA while at U of T Scarborough. Other U of T Scholarships with a value of more than $10,000 (eg. C. David Naylor and Schulich Leader Scholarships) will not be combined with U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships.
U of T Scarborough $3,000 Renewable Entrance Scholarships are based on the following additional conditions:
- The scholarship is renewed on the basis that you continuously maintain registration at the U of T Scarborough and achieve a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.70 after first, second and third year of studies.
- Students need to have completed at least 4.0 credits by the end of the winter session of each year to qualify for renewal of the scholarship. Students with a documented disability will need to complete 3.0 credits by the end of the winter session of each year to qualify for renewal of the scholarship.
- The award may be renewed up to three consecutive times.