The SAF is only a requirement if you applied to the following programs and important for both admission and consideration for scholarships. If you do not submit your SAF, you may jeopardize your application.
- All Management programs
- All Co-op Management programs
- Co-op International Development Studies
The deadline to submit the Supplementary Application Form (SAF) is February 1, 2017 or three weeks from the date of your acknowledgement email from the University of Toronto, whichever comes later. However, we encourage you to submit your SAF as soon as possible for early consideration. The sooner that we receive your SAF, the earlier you will be considered for admission.
If you are applying to Co-op International Development Studies or Management and International Business, you are encouraged to submit your SAF by early December 2016 to be considered for the earliest round of interviews. SAFs received for these programs after that time will be considered for subsequent interview rounds.
Missed Your Deadline?
Submit it as soon as possible! We may still consider your SAF, pending space and the competitiveness of your application to the program you've applied to.
Completing the SAF
To complete the SAF, you will need:
- U of T JOINid. This was provided with your acknowledgment email from U of T and is made up of your last name and numbers. You will need to enable to Join ID before completing the SAF (see the Prezi on the Join U of T website for details).
- Waiting period. After applying to UTSC on OUAC, it takes anywhere from 3 to 7 business days for our system to process this information and prepare the SAF required for your application. If you are trying to access the SAF before this update has been made, you will not be able to complete the form. Simply wait a few more days and try back again!
- Set up your JOINid. Instructions are provided with your Acknowledgment of Application email from U of T. Please note that the system may take up to three business days to process your information.
- Log in to the JOIN U of T Website and find the Application Status Check link. The password to access the SAF is the same password you used to access the JOIN U of T Website.
- Answer all the questions on the SAF as specified. The SAF must be completed only by the applicant and they should be as honest as possible with their answers. Note, you can work on your SAF over a few days and save your answers, however, once it is submitted you are not able to make any changes to your responses.
- Wait for the confirmation page. After you successfully submit your SAF, a confirmation page will appear thanking you for completing the form. Please be patient and wait for the message to display – this message is the confirmation you have submitted the form.
- Verify our receipt of your SAF. It takes anywhere from two to four business days for our system to process your SAF submission, log into the JOIN U of T Website and select the U of T Application Status Check service to verify our receipt.
- If you're experiencing technical issues, try opening the SAF in a different browser (we've heard Firefox works great). If problems persist, give us a call at (416) 287-7529.
- If you can't see the SAF, ensure the program you applied for requires a SAF (check above) and/or wait about a week after applying to UTSC for us to process your application and prepare your SAF.
- If you applied to a program that required a SAF, then switched to another that doesn't require a SAF, but still see a SAF require in Application Status Check, you can ignore it. To make sure if the program you applied for requires a SAF, check the top of this page for a list of programs.
- If you already filled out your SAF, then switched to another program that also requires a SAF, you will need to fill out another SAF for the new program.
- If you're having issues with your JOINid & password, send us email at email@example.com and provide the exact error message displayed.